Here's to a fresh start. On the very same day that I declared a "fresh start" exactly two years ago.
Back in January this year, I decided to take a break from blogging because it just got too old for me. The routine posts became dry and boring. I was tired of ranting on and on and on and on.. you catch my drift. I got back to it because.. well, I restarted without a solid reason. I just felt like it, I guess.
I suppose part of me just wanted to quit blogging altogether because it takes some serious guts to just write freely. Every time before I hit 'Publish', I have to stop and think, who is going to read this? I discovered that even people I barely knew suddenly felt like they knew me so well based on what they read from my blog. And that just creeped me out. Because that's basically what a blog does. It publicises your life, puts you under the scrutinizing eyes of those hidden behind computer screens.
But I digress.
I decided to call off the hiatus and came back. I'm still me. I may jab a little here and there once in a while, but that's just me. I haven't got a particular blogging style, because I discovered blogging by chance. I read about it in the papers one day when I was 11, and I thought, why not? So, yeah. Back then, it was just an obscure hobby. Not many people had heard of the blogosphere (truth be told, I don't think anyone actually used that word in those days). But the past couple of years have seen a tremendous growth spurt in the blogging community, with all sorts of witty people charming their audience of all ages (imagine my shock to discover that there are 9-year-old bloggers.. only to realise that I began only 2 years older). Many others began joining to see if they too could reach that certain level of blogging and perhaps.. achieve fame?
But I'm still this way, blogging like I used to 6 years ago. This blog will chronicle my life, my thoughts and all the itsy-bitsy things that might not matter to anyone else but me. Because that's the way I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment