The question clearly read to react the substances with oxygen, but I, thinking that by some miracle I could actually remember the set-up down to the details, drew a conical flask, a combustion tube, with everything in place..
..to produce chlorine gas.
Super champion, me.
SPM doesn't feel anything like I thought it would. I thought that I would spend my 3 weeks of SPM burning the midnight oil every single night, struggling to utilise every single second of the day to stuff my mind with fact after fact. And I did all that. Not. It isn't anything like what I imagined. I sleep at the stroke of midnight every single night and spend more of my time watching tv than I do reading my books. Who watches reruns of Miami Ink and CSI when they've got SPM to worry about?
Envious as I may be of everyone else who is on holiday right now, I'm so glad I'm gonna be liberated from this.. this thing in exactly 7 days! WOOHOOOO! Come to think of it, I'd only be free for EXACTLY 14 DAYS after I escape the evil clutch of this thing. 14 days. 2 weeks.
I only have 21 days from today left to spend with my friends here. 21 days left to sleep in my own bed. 21 days to prep myself for everything. Will there be a mad flurry of activities? Will the avalanche of emotions resurface after so many years? Only time will tell.
Looking back at my 5 years in secondary school, I realised that I did achieve what I set out to do from Day 1. I got what I wanted and more. (And of course, now I want straight A1s la) But thinking back to everything that I've been through, it's good to know that I actually went through all of them unscathed. Well, mostly. There were many ups and downs, friends that came and went. It's kind of sad to leave school, actually. (No, I have not been listening to Vitamin C's Graduation) I'm not really sad that I'm leaving the school, per se, but more because I'm leaving behind.. everything I have here.
It has sunk in. I'm leaving everything behind. I'm jetting off smack in the middle of the time in which we're supposed to be having a blast. I'm leaving my group right when we are supposed to be spending all the time we can together. It has sunk in - deep.
But life goes on, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment