Friday, February 1, 2008

Tingle in my toes

I was just commenting on how superb the Internet connection was yesterday afternoon. I could surf the Net with minimal frustration for four straight hours (read: not having yet another annoying F5-pressing marathon – my F5 key has to be the most overused key). But, alas. The connection fails me yet again. I’ve moved the rattan chair more times that I care to remember, but the connection is still slow and laggy. Sometimes it’s wonderful how the indicator displays a 5/5 bar of connection, but at the same time it reads “Local only”. It is amazing how patient one becomes after experiencing the F5 marathons that the router here forces one to do. I’d have my Streamyx any day.

Today’s my last weekday of house arrest! Okay, so I’ll be cooped up in this place over the weekend as well which is just swell because I was actually planning on heading out to town tonight and on the weekend to shop. So much for my plans. I’m living off about 10 bucks in my wallet right now. Which means that I have to keep my phone usage to a minimum, which is very, very hard, as you’d know if you’re restricted from stepping beyond the hostel’s gates for 7 whole days.

On a brighter note, I shall be boarding the plane to fly back home (to where I live on the trees and get the best Streamyx line) on Monday night! So super excited! I can’t wait to step on familiar ground again and SLEEP IN MY OWN BED. Ohhhhhhhhh, how I miss my bedroom! My own space and bathroom! And my books that have been sleeping in my bookshelf! And home-cooked foooooood!! It’s been too long since I’ve had decent food without hearing a cash register going ka-chinggggggg in my head every time I take a bite (okay, exaggeration.. excuse me). Oh, glorious food! It’s a bummer that I gotta avoid soy sauce, chicken and seafood (although I’m not exactly into seafood), though. =(

I can smell home. =D Oh, no, wait, actually.. I smell something which smells suspiciously like decomposing rubbish. Ergh.

No comments: