Monday, February 18, 2008

Up, down, left, right, center, repeat

Haven’t been blogging regularly lately because I’ve been too caught up in school work and all that. JC life is stressful, to say the least. We’ve got tutorial work every day. On top of that, we’ve got lecture tests and class tests every week. The workload here is kind of heavy. Sure, the tutorials aren’t very long but solving just one question feels like an impossible feat sometimes, especially when your body is screaming for rest and you feel like your brains have melted into a gooey mass of grey and white matter which don’t function anymore.

But, still. I’m coping, trying to make up for the one week worth of lectures and tutorials that I missed when I was sick. It sucks missing a whole week’s worth of work – so if you’re thinking of skipping school with a 7-day MC, oh, please, DON’T do it. Trust me. I almost went out of my mind sitting around doing nothing in the morning and then being lost in my work at night, my friends filling me in on the day’s work. It’s almost double the stress as compared to a normal day.

I miss our weekend outings. Now that we’ve all settled into our daily routines, we barely go out together anymore. I spent last Saturday afternoon at Bras Basah (I wonder why would anyone name a street ‘Wet Bras’ but well.. what much can be said about the place which houses Buffalo Road and Jalan Kerbau?) buying books. I blew almost 60 bucks on 6 books. Quite a steal, as I got the books for 20% off (but then I heard there’s always a 20% off promotion there.. cheh..). I barely have space and now I have to stack my books somewhere. Insane, I know.

Living the routine that is my life now doesn’t give me much time to think of anything else but school. But, no worries, I haven’t forgotten you guys back home! I miss everyone so much! Scary thing is, I’m gonna be back in March for a one-week holiday while waiting for the release of the SPM results. Aiyerrrrrrr..

Oh, another thing. My life is pink-dominated now. You’d think that it’s nothing new, but I find it kinda alarming. And I also found out that I’m almost incapable of an entirely intellectual discussion which is kinda sad, especially when you call yourself a scholar in a foreign country. =p Muahaha.. welcome to the life of a scholar..

PS: Mummy and Daddy - Sorry I didn't put up any pictures. I've got some in my phone which I've not uploaded yet. Will upload soon, okay. Mwaaaaah!

No comments: