I haven't been the most conscientious blogger lately, but trade places with me for two days and you'd see why. Life is MAD here. On second thought, mad doesn't seem to quite cut it. My life is hectic to the power of infinity as it is. I see bombastic words floating around my mind before I sleep and big figures bouncing around the empty walls that I visualise my mind to be when I try to zone out (no wonder I'm not creative.. I'm trapping my mind in a BOX!). Okay, so I was just exaggerating, but you get my point.
Every day when I come back from school, it feels like another miracle just happened. Every night when my head hits the pillow, I feel the happiest I can feel in a day. Because that is the only time I can rest without that annoying slight tinge of guilt. NO, in case you are wondering, this is not the "scholarly" thing to do - it just happens. School work piles up quicker than you can go thorugh them and lectures seem to be getting longer and looonger and loooooonger. But then! Breaks seem to get shorter! =[
So sue me for my warped mental time.
We baked muffins after dinner! We being myself, Ji Ding, Joanne, Ruth and Jonathan. Jon's the only guy I know who will willingly join us in our girlish (and glutton-ish) baking stuff.. haha! I burned my hand by accidentally touching the upper part of the over toaster twice when it was burning hot. =p
Ooooh yeah! I've got soo much to say! We had a BBQ at ECP last week. I left the hostel with Kingston, Ruth and Sarah. Kingston made us alight at a bus stop which was a GAZILLION miles away from our booked BBQ pit. We had to carry the food and equipment all the way from the bus stop to the pit, which was, JENG JENG JENG, pit #45! The first pit we saw when we entered the park was probably #14?! AHHHHH!! We couldn't take it and Ruth and I decided to treat ourselves to some good ice-cream at some New Zealand shop (which apparently exists in KL but not in Kuching. Aiyah) before we rented a bike each (and I had to ask for that childish basket to go with the bike to store all the heavy stuff that we needed to bring - it didn't help that I brought along a BIG bottle of water..). It was really fun getting to ride a bike again after so long. We cycled all the way to our BBQ pit and the guys began setting up the fire. We BBQ-ed and cycled till night came. I hated the walk back from the bike shop to the pit - again another GAZILLION miles! I think I'd already burned off everything I'd eaten before that at that time. The food was good, the company was good. Our school mentors came as well. They stayed with us till the end. We laid on the beach and watched the stars from about 9.45 pm. It was real cool. We took some photos as well, including a jump shot.. hehe.. Was kinda pooped when we got back. It was so late we resorted to taking cabs. Haha.. as much as I hate paying for cab rides, I have to say it's kinda worth it if only just to savour that few minutes of being in a car cruising along the highway (eh sounds so cool.. I can't say that I'm cruising along the highway back home lol).
I went to another BBQ this week. It was on Wednesday night, before Labour Day. It was a class reunion with my class in the first intake. Again, the food was good, the company was good. BUT we overshot our curfew by 35 minutes. Our curfew on the night before a public holiday is 10.30 pm, but we got an extension till 11 pm. But alas, our cab reached the hostel at 11.05 pm. Haiyah. We didn't get into any trouble for that though, except for a slight warning not to overshoot the curfew again. Heh.
To add on to the festivity and food, our class went for lunch at Swensen's at Plaza Singapura yesterday with Ms Tsang, our former class teacher, who won't be teaching us anymore. I had mac and cheese which was VERY, VERY good (but I guess my stomach have downgraded to Nightmare food standard that it got upset a few hours later.. sheesh). Ruth and I went shopping after that. We scoured Plaza Sing and got someone a birthday gift. She got herself an Esprit tote bag and I got myself a long-coveted URS&Inc sandals. They're super shiny and comfy. BUT I just discovered this morning that they squeak when I walk. Aiyo. Nevermind, I'll find a way around that. But I'm happy with my purchase! =D
Gotta run now. Toodles!
1 comment:
hey gurl, glad to see that you've updated! all the best 2 u over there!
Post a Comment