I went to sleep in my comfy long pants and my oversized sweater last night but I still woke up feeling slightly cold this morning. I had a good sleep but it wasn't so nice waking up because I immediately felt the burning in my throat and I realized that I could barely speak. That was only the beginning of my troubles. I had a mug of Milo and two pieces of plain white bread, with no spread at all. After that, I set off to my first class, Econs. We discussed the Introduction and Supply & Demand tutorials and I was so lethargic that my eyes drifted close a few times. I had to employ my superhuman techniques that I'd picked up since January. :P My joints were all aching and weak. All I felt like doing was sleep.
We canceled the English group meeting and I headed straight back to my room at 10 am after the Econs class. I completely forgot that I was supposed to head down to the AUP office to confirm our holiday period. The 10-minute walk back to the room was torturous. It hurt so badly I started feeling like I couldn't breathe properly, especially when I was walking up the four flights of stairs. When I reached my room, I flopped down on the bed and snoozed after about 10 minutes. Poh Yee was nice enough to just let me nap while she did her work. I napped for about 45 minutes and woke up feeling slightly refreshed. BUT I started feeling feverish. *sigh*
I spent the next few hours of trying not to think of the burning sensation in my throat and trying to decide whether or not I was having a fever. I bought a new bottle of Woods Peppermint Cure at the minimart because the one that I brought here just finished. From this morning, I've been feeding on that, Strepsils, herbal tea, Nurofen (for the fever) and so much water. I tried looking for the thermometer that I was given in Singapore, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Didn't get to check my temperature but I could feel that I was slowly burning up.
Before my SAT (Verbal) class at 4 pm (yeah, I've got only 2 classes today.. hehe!), I started feeling worse. To cheer myself up, I watched the farewell videos that the McNairians made for us. It did help make me feel a bit better. :) I took some more Woods and set off to class, all the way hoping that I won't just faint in class or something. Thank goodness I felt better in my SAT (Verbal) class. The air-con wasn't too cold and I didn't feel too sick. I bought chicken porridge (which I had for lunch as well) on the way back to the room after the class ended. And then I sat in front of my lappy and watched 2 wonderful episodes of Grey's Anatomy while eating the porridge. I'm so happy that I can finally watch Grey's Anatomy and feel more like a normal human being now! All thanks to Wei Yiing (Ji Din'g's primary school best friend! What a small world, huh?)! Hahaha! =D
In the first half of the day, I was feeling very down and upset because I don't like waking up feeling sick (Who does?!). Plus, I was ticked off at someone and something, which didn't help with my mood at all. I felt terrible until I reached the room and napped. Ah, the wonders of a nap! In the later half of the day, I felt slightly better, even though I was quite worried about my fever. Now I'm still not too well; my throat is still so sore that if I sneeze, I feel like crying, and my body still feels hot. I'm gonna keep on self-medicating and hope that I recover soon. If not, well, I guess I'd have to go and see a doctor. *sigh*
Hope you all are had a better day than I did. And please do remember not to eat too much fried food and rambutans. This message is brought to you by the girl whose voice is now sexier than yours will ever be (and you wouldn't want it to be!).
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment