Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tickled

I'm reading through my posts in my old blog which dates back to 2005. It's amusing to see what I posted before. There are so many things which happened that I don't even remember now.

Che, do you remember that you were once so freaked out after watching 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' that you made trudge downstairs to open the door for you at 1 am (when I was already half-asleep!) and then we ended up bringing your stuff over to my room so that you could sleep in my room for a couple of nights? Haha! And I bet you don't remember that you once spent a night studying in my room, then when we turned off the light, you stayed in my room and then woke me up just to show me a firefly at the window. Plus, in your fascination, the best thing you could come up with was, "It has a big butt la." OMG. I took them down verbatim, okay! =p

From that blog (I think that was my second blog), I moved to a new one. The original skin I picked for my third blog is plain and green. I don't know what possessed me to choose that template, but before I stopped posting on that blog, I changed the blog skin to something very nice that I found on http://www.blogskins.com/, a light blue skin with some birds and a tree on the left-hand corner and a nice quote right on the top of the page. It is still my favourite blog skin. =) I remained faithful to that blog for exactly 2 years.

It's amazing to see what I can dig up from my old blogs (even though I cannot for the life of me remember the URL of my very first blog on Angelfire!). Now I know that my favourite ring, the one fitted with shells that Che-che gave me, is going to be 2 years old in September. And then there are pictures of my 17th birthday, when I got my much-loved red Guess watch. Back then the strap was still pure red and the Swarovski crystals were all still intact. Today, the strap has been changed to a pink, ridged one and a few of the crystals have fallen off. I can't even wear my watch anymore because the strap irritates my skin. =(

I'm having a blast reading through all the weird stuff I wrote. I can't help but cringe at some of them! But it's an eye-opening experience, in some ways, when I see how differently I write now, how I am more careful with my words, how much I've grown up. It's funny to acknowledge that I am different now. But, you know, there comes a time when you realize that you've learnt to leave your comfort zone and allow yourself some room to grow.

Edit: 10.18pm: Oh my gosh! I just managed to log on to Angelfire to check my old blog! I looked through my Friendster blog (which has been abandoned for about a year now, I think) and saw the link to my then-active blog in my first post (in the Friendster one). I clicked on the link and on THAT old blog is the link to my VERY FIRST blog! Wahaha! I had pink fonts in my first blog! No wonder I developed an addiction for pink in the last couple of years.. Tsk tsk.. I should have seen it coming.. =p

No comments: