I passed the targeted score and made the cut, but this is only the tip of the iceberg. But thank you for all your well wishes and support! :)
Today marks the beginning of a long mugging stretch. I have the real SAT I and also SAT II to deal with not too long from now. I have to make up my mind on what subjects to take for the SAT IIs and register online by next week. The tests are going to be in October and November, which gives me only 2-3 months to prepare. On top of that, I gotta maintain a good academic record for Semester 1.
Yep. It's like Singapore all over again, only with no MRTs and no McNairians. *sigh* Add on to that the complex worries of which universities to apply to when the time comes and all the preparation that goes along with the application. Plus, only one Ivy League university offers Actuarial Science. Not sure about the "Ivy standards", though.
I'm praying to be strong and mentally prepared for the onslaught of work. I really do not want to give up hope just like that. I want to at least give my best shot at it. And to do that, well, I'm gonna need a lot of willpower and strength. It isn't just the SATs or the application essays or the recommendation letters. It's a lot more than that.
It wasn't without doubts that I went into this. It wasn't without many words of caution that I ventured here. It wasn't without many restless hours spent pondering that I made my decision to leave Singapore for good and change my whole life again. It wasn't easy. I know, some people might think that I'd wasted such a good opportunity that I won't be able to claim back as mine again. But please understand. I made my decision based on a lot of factors. I know, some might think that I could've ventured into something else that they feel is much better suited to me; trust me, I do know how they feel. But please give me the chance to rise above this because I have to.
Please give me the strength and wisdom that I need, Lord.
2 comments:
Aw~ crys!
You sound so... down...
Come on, though times might not be the brightest right now, but I'm sure that you'll give the SATs your all. No matter, the results, just strive for the best and you will have no regrets.
Remember, "trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight".
The Lord has great plans to prosper you and not to harm you, so don't worry. He has brought you thus far, find strength in Him to carry you through. If He puts you through it, He will bring you through it =)
Remember the song "In Christ Alone"?
Crys, I really have faith in you and I sincerely believe that you can succeed in all you do! Have a little confidence in yourself, ok?
I want the next blog post to be about your bf (something a little more cheerful!)
Aww.. don't worry. I'm okay. I'm just weighing options now. :) Thanks, Jojo!
PS: Boyfriend still under wraps. Hehe. Wait lah.
Post a Comment