
This post is dedicated to my klutz of a sister who just graduated today. Iboh nangis, okay? Jangan emo when you read this.. Hahaha!
Che,
Finally, you are a university graduate just 10 days after you turned 23. I wish I could have been there with you, as I wished that I was there for your birthday. I wish I could have spent even just a small part of your special day with you, but, well, we gotta make do with things the way they are and be glad for the wonders of technology, huh? :)
I miss you a lot. I haven't seen your pinggan face for over two years now. That sounds awfully long, doesn't it? Sometimes I don't feel the time passing by, but there are some days when I miss you so much.
Most of my friends don't understand how I feel. They don't know what it's like not seeing their only sister for so long. They don't know how it feels like when you need to talk to someone so badly, but there's no one else that you trust that much. They don't understand how it feels when I see other people walking with their sisters. They don't know how much I miss arguing with you, getting mad at you over the silly things like who does the house chore. They don't know how I miss how you used to make soggy Maggi Mee for me. Because they're not like us.
We've both changed so much over the course of two years. You've moved to a new continent, started a new life. I've moved to a completely new environment, went home, and moved into some isolated place. We may be far apart, but I still feel that you're my best friend. Because only you know all the stupid things I can't bear telling anyone else. And because I know that you'd always support me no matter what. And you'd ALWAYS disapprove of the guys whom I think are hot.
You worked hard in university, and now it has paid off at last. I'd always known that you'd make it through university successfully. And you know I've always been right because I'm your sister. :p Here's another one of my 'I told you so's!
Remember the QUT sticker in our old room? What a sign, huh?
I miss being young - don't you? It was so simple back then. You screamed at me to sweep the floor, I hollered back at you from the living room, we argued like we're on a sugar rush, and then we blasted N*Sync's Bye Bye Bye on the VCD player. HAHAHA! Good ol days they were.
I hope you enjoyed the special day that you deserved. You know how proud I am of you. :)
Love,
Tal
No comments:
Post a Comment