Friday, October 24, 2008

Caffeine-fuelled hyperactivity

I was a little down yesterday evening, but I’m okay now. I thank God that He gave me the ability to pull through my SAT 1. Even though I fell short of my own target, I am thankful that He gave me the strength to keep holding on despite the stress and time constraint. I know that I can choose between two reactions: one, blame everything and everyone else but myself – I didn’t get enough sleep, I didn’t eat properly (had a feast the night before!), the questions were too tricky, the temperature in the room wasn’t optimum, there were too many distractions during the test; two, I can just accept things as they are, be thankful for what I have, and move on with life. As much as I feel that I’ve let myself down (and I don’t exactly want Dr Lim to know my score too.. *sigh*), I shall move on. Everything is done now, and there’s nothing I can do to undo them. So que sera, sera.

I’m so relieved that the Psychology test is over and done with. :) While we were sitting in the class waiting for our lecturer to come in, someone mentioned Lazarus’ theory that we learnt in the chapter regarding stress, health, and coping. I realized that I didn’t focus on that part and tried to read whatever I could on Khye Theng’s notes. Then I told her and Karyn that if there is a question that reads “You are sitting for your Psychology test. Describe what is happening.”, maybe we should write something like this (not verbatim): “This test is stressing me out! My id is telling me, “NO, NO, NO!” because I do not know what to write as I am so stressed out. But my superego tells me to write something. So, seeing this from Lazarus’ point of view, my interpretation of this situation is that it is very stressful. My reaction to it is to ignore it (which, by the way, is my blatant denial). This stress is also made worse by the nature of other events in my life. I am stressed over my finals and SAT II, so I shall end here. So that is how Lazarus’ theory applies in my case.” LOL! And guess what? My gut instinct didn’t fail me. :D But of course I didn’t write all that la! I was just joking about the id and superego thing and how Lazarus' theory fits my situation (three factors that he emphasized in his theory: interpretation, reaction, nature of other events). Hahaha!

OHH, and I was so tempted to write “And then he dies.” at the end of my answer because I wrote about how the man (in the question) might react to his lover’s departure by either telling himself to move on with his life or taking extreme measures such as committing suicide. Thus the line “And then he dies.” Our lecturer sometimes says “and then you die” in class after he explains something (like how people chain-smoke and suffer the consequences) and then we would break into gales of laughter. KT said that I should have written that down for real so that he’d be tickled. LOL! (I didn’t.)

I binged on coffee today. :P Karyn and I filled out Nescafe survey forms outside the bakery before we had our lunch and we each got a Nescafe notebook and two sachets of Nescafe (one of the promoters noted how happy I was to get free coffee and she told me to fill in two forms so I can get four free sachets but I told her I was hungry.. Haha!). Yeay! My supply of white coffee just ran out and I’ve got not too many sachets of Nescafe left. One of the sachets we got is Nescafe Mild and the other one is the regular type. I much prefer the regular one over the mild type because I find the mild one a little too mild for my taste. :P Anyhoo, I even had a glass of ice-cold Nescafe alongside my nasi lemak. MMMMMM.. And as if that coffee fix wasn’t enough, Karyn went out and got us both small cups of an even stronger type of Nescafe (the Gold one, I think). Omigoshhhhh.. It tasted sooooo gooooooooood.. *melts* I think I wanna get a bottle when I’m home. Hehehe.. Oh, and I could taste the condensed milk inside the coffee! Oh, condensed milk, how I miss you so! :D

Okay, enough of my caffeine-induced excitement. Time to hit the books! (Yeah, potong stim moment lar.. Lol)

No comments: