Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm back, I'm backkkkk!

I'm HOME! Okay, updates:

I watched High School Musical 3 with Ji Ding last Saturday. I didn't like HSM, but somehow, I managed to sit through HSM 3 and actually liked it! Hahaha! Okay la, so Zac Efron doesn't look so irritating in the show and I liked the awesome choreography. The songs are pretty nice and easy to hum along to also. *psssssst* Guess who has Can I Have This Dance in her phone? :P

So, okay, I don't hate HSM anymore. BUT I still don't believe in our love endures forever and ever because hey, I got into Stanford and you got into UC Berkeley! :P

Tuesday was super fun! 7 of us (Karyn, Rachel, Wui Yarn, Kok Keong, Tze Liang, Jit Choon, and I) took the INTI bus to Subang, and then we cabbed to Sunway Pyramid. I shopped! WHEEEE! I feel such liberty when I say that. :D I bought something in the first store that we went into - DIVA! I bought myself a super duper irresistable necklace for RM36. :D My other indulges include a lunch at Dragon-i which set me back by RM33, two pairs of wooden earrings (again, they were too cute to resist lah!), a bottle of silver-white nail polish for Christmas (err, so what if Christmas is almost two months away still?), and an A&W dinner. So I went way over my estimated spending figure. I was happy, though. Retail therapy is good. SAY IT WITH ME. :D

Discovering my inner child. :)

Angel's wings and red giraffes make me happy.

My most happifying buy. :D

After shopping (okay, so it was just me, but that's beside the point), we watched My Best Friend's Girl (yeah, with the guys! Haha!). I was a bit disappointed. Don't know why I wasn't so interested in the movie la. After the movie, we girls went to this cute little place to have sorbets.

Very pink interior. :P

Very pink menu. :P

Rachel's extreme mango dessert.

My dessert of black glutinous thingamajig, coconut milk, mango sorbet, and mango slices. Yummy! :)

Karyn's bright red watermelon sorbet.

L to R: Me, Rachel, Karyn, Wui Yarn

The not fun part was missing the INTI bus and having to take the KTM all the way back to Nilai. The journey took over 2 hours and I arrived at the hostel feeling bone-tired. I stayed up till 3 am to chuck some miscellaneous items into my luggage bags and leave some stuff with Wendy and Sher Minn. I was so tired that I could barely wake up the next morning if not for Tzin Yee who knocked on my door at 7.20 am. :/

Living off the bare minimum

Our cab came 30 minutes late. I was close to losing it. I called the cab driver thrice! The third time I called him, I was trying hard not to lose it while I asked him where he was and told him very curtly that we were already running late. (Flight at 9.45 am and the cab only arrived at 8.15 am!) Anyway, the cab driver I called asked his friend to pick us up. =.=" What infuriated me further was the fact that the cab driver asked us to alight and move our bags into another cab! That wasted precious time! :[

Fortunately, the line at the check-in counter wasn't too long when we got to the airport. I blew RM105 for my excess baggage. Note to self: STOP BEING A HOARDER AND BLOWING MONEY ON EXCESS BAGGAGE. I think that should be one of my New Year's Resolution la. (Oh, and I didn't know that for KL-Penang flights, each kilogram of excess baggage costs RM10. Is it only when we fly to East Malaysia that we are charged RM15 per kilogram of excess baggage?)

I was so exhausted that I slept throughout the whole journey. When the pilot announced that we were going to land soon, I woke up and told myself not to doze off. Not too long after that, I drifted off to Lalaland again, only to be woken up with a jolt when the airplane wheels hit the ground. What a scary way to wake up! :[

I went to school today to settle some paperwork for my university applications. I managed to watch a bit more of The Kite Runner on my lappy in school.

I'm relishing my time at home now. Two months, baby! :)

No comments: