So what have I been up to?
It was shoe-shopping on the 23rd. I tried on 3 pairs of shoes after scouring the store for an hour and had already settled for a shiny black pair even though my heart wasn't that into it. I loved the first pair (the height is GOOD! But I think it would kill my feet after 15 minutes, tops), liked the second pair though I wasn't too crazy about the orange bit (but the silver bit kinda made up for it), and wasn't really feeling the third pair because the straps kinda annoyed me. I walked around the store hoping that I'd stumble upon something else. And I did. So I ended up with a totally different pair. I left the store as a happy girl (who needs a big, shiny black bag to go with the shoes) . :D
It was random stuff on the 24th. The house was cleaned, the containers were taken out, the plates were inspected. We attended the Christmas Mass at night. There were so many people. Lesson I learnt that night: A girl's gotta do what she has to. Uhuh.
It was drinking (yours truly was on the serving end, though) and being merry on the 25th. It was madness! We had so many guests over that every time I sat down to relax, I had to get up 5 minutes later to continue my routine. I poured drinks, cleaned, wiped, poured some more drinks, shook many hands, answered the same old questions, poured more drinks, cleaned more glasses, washed more plates, wiped more glasses, popped open cans of drinks, and now I can pour drinks with a lot less foam than I could two years ago. I kept on cleaning and wiping the glasses and putting them back into the room that I started feeling obssessive about them. O.o
How does a hostess unwind? By sitting at the dinner table, wondering how long it will take for her contact lenses to give up and drop off her eyeballs while crunching on peanuts and staring at a liquor bottle. Stupid question of the day: Will the alcohol wake me up a bit? Some genius forgot that alcohol represses impulses and induces drowsiness.
We had a good Christmas open house, though. Good celebration this year. :)
Next up: New Year's Eve. Out with the old and in with the new!
No comments:
Post a Comment