HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHIA HSIN!We’re now in our seventh year of friendship. How time really flies, huh? It feels just like yesterday when we were giggling, every inch the excited schoolgirls we were, at the back of the school hall. Remember those times when we used to snack in tuition? Or when we planned to catch a movie but ended up having tea at the deli? I think I had more fun that day than I would have had we caught the movie. :)
Thinking back, it’s quite amazing seeing how far we’ve both come since then. I remember that I first knew you only as the girl who has that astrology book that Connie borrowed. From there, I learned your name but I couldn’t pronounce it well. Ah, ‘twas my extremely banana days. I know you still laugh at me and my wo gei ni kuai er moment. Aih, stop it already lah. Don’t keep on laughing at me ok. You know that whole Mandarin thing only pops up when I’m frustrated. AIHHHHHHH ENOUGH LA.. Embarrassing bah. :(
Anyhoo, we may not be in the same place anymore; you’re in Perth, and I’m in this mini jungle. Despite the distance, I’m glad we kept in touch, even though there are times when we’re both so busy with assignments and tests. I’m glad we can still giggle over each other’s tastes (ahem) and also over the silly things that bring back fond memories.
There are so many things I can say about the past six years, including all the funny moments, the embarrassing moments, the inside jokes (kena water! ROFL), and the secret codes (1999! And Spongebob Squarepants. Hahaha!), but writing them all down would take so long. So here’s wishing you a very, very happy birthday, Miss Wee. May this year bring upon you an abundance of good energy (oh, Zen master!) and good stuff!
2 comments:
Hi! I'm currently using my friend's iPhone to post comment. Thank you for the virtual gift! You dunno how happy and touched I am. I really hope that our friendship can stand the test of time. May the force be with you.
:)
How's your new place?
Post a Comment