
I'm turning 19 in just over two months, but there's a part of me who has always remained your 16-year-old sister who bawled like crazy in the airport when you left in your peachy orange sweater (which I'm sure you have chucked out by now because oh my gosh, you won't be caught in that... ANYWHERE).
Today marks the third year since you left to live your dream. There's no one around to lecture me not to mess with the wrong guys (which I don't), drink on an empty stomach (I don't even drink), or study too much (which I don't think I do, too). I've seen you grow through the weirdest phases like your Alien Workshop phase, your frizzy hair to dead-straight hair phase (which earned you a major blow-up... somehow I still laugh when I think of it), your crazy-over-camp-guy phase (I don't think I'll ever forget his name!), your phase of staying out late past midnight and making me open the door for you, and your many other phases.
If there is one point which I can return to now, I'd probably pick the time when I quizzed you on Sejarah facts (like stuff on siput geweng) while you were showering in the bathroom adjoining to our rooms. Because that was the time when we were both growing into the different phases of our lives. You were in Form 5, struggling to keep up with sabun and those stuff. I was stepping into Form 1, unsure of what laid ahead. But I had you and you had me. And that was when I really discovered the joy of having a sister because before then, we were always bickering over who did the house chores. At that time, I could confide in you about this guy and that guy (and, boy, the stupid things we talked about) and whatever else I couldn't tell anyone else. You can't buy that kind of trust anywhere, anyhow.
Come clubbing mishaps or bad break-ups, you'll always be my sister whom I love so much. :D
PS: You know what, this can be your birthday dedication. What about that, a 2-in-1? :P
PPS: Did you notice that the post title is from a Mouline Rogue song?
No comments:
Post a Comment