I AM SO TIRED BUT SO INSANELY HAPPY!
After the Calculus paper on Friday afternoon, I had tua pau for lunch. That's a bigger version of bak pau that cost me RM2.60. Meh. Anyhoo, I headed over to Mid Valley for some good pampering. I took the bus alone for the first time. Yay me? Hahaha. Eh, c'mon, the buses here are a bit scary sometimes okay! But I made it to the train station safely. The bus was a nice one too. Good luck with transportation that day. The train ride was kinda uncomfortable, though, because I had to remain standing, squashed in a sea of sweaty bodies. ERGH.
Anyway, I crashed on the bed upon arrival. Because the next best thing to my own bed at home is a hotel bed. I was tempted to sleep the evening away, but how can a shopping urge be resisted? Er, wait. We actually ended up retiring to the room after walking around for a while because we were both so tired. We had dinner at Paddington House of Pancakes. I love PHOP! Here are what we had:
My seafood burger
Daddy's meal - some pancake with a name I can't spell or pronounce

Dessert - hot pancakes topped with hazelnut paste, nuts, and ice cream, with banana slices on the side. MMMMMMMMMM.
The next day, we (attempted to) wake up early and had a heavy breakfast. I had a weird combination of rice, chicken kapitan (no idea what that is, but it tasted like a cross between curry and pansoh - chicken cooked in bamboo), chicken franks, hash browns, buttered toast, hot coffee, pastries, and fruits. After that, the shopping commenced. I ended up with a what I thought is a red pair of shorts from M&S. It's only when I got back to my room just now that I realized that the shorts look more like hot pink than red. Argh! I blame it on the nice, yellow lighting in the mall. *emo* It's a good thing I still think that the shorts are nice, and hey, they match my new chili red nail polish! RAHHHHH. :D I also snagged a pair of wedges from Voir just before meeting up with the girls at the cinema. See, one of the many reasons why my Daddy rocks is because he follows me shopping! He entertains my whims and fancies even when the stuff are all so boring. Like, whose Dad doesn't mind walking among racks and racks of everything girly and rows and rows of shoes? :D
Here are some photos I took with the cute monstas all around the mall. :D The last photo was taken in The Gardens.

How cute is this guy here? :)

This is today when I couldn't care less about contact lenses, eyeliner, and eye shadow. I was pooped! After that, I went off to watch Harry Potter with the girls.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is so-so. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I like it mostly for the special effects. I don't feel much for the plot. And, no, I did not cry during the movie. I did feel kinda sleepy halfway through it, though. You can smack your forehead now. I gotta say that Harry and Ron have come a long way, though. Hermione looks the same, but Harry and Ron look much more grown up in this movie. Anyway, my advice is to go watch the movie if you are a hardcore fan. If you're a neutral person like me who just happened to have read all the 7 books, you might wanna skip this movie.
After the movie, we headed a few stops down and waited for our kind driver to chauffeur us around. Ehehehe. Before he arrived, we helped a blind man look out for a taxi (we ended up having to guide him to the loooong queue of people waiting for taxis). I was struck by how ignorant and inconsiderate people can be. While we were guiding the uncle along the walkway, everyone stared - some discreetly and some openly. When I walked him to the end of the line, some people blatantly stared, for what, I don't know. It disgusts me to think that some people can just stare but not care to do anything to help. While we were leaving in Yee Jie's car, I noticed him asking the girl in front of him to guide him along, but she seemed to recoil at his touch. I was disgusted. How would they like it if they were the ones who needed people to help them?
As soon as we reached Carmen's place, we made ourselves at home by crashing her room. I had fun wrestling with the thin mattresses and laughing my head off at Olivia pushing YJ off the pile of mattress. He was pimpin' alright, picking up 5 of us girls and then hanging out with 8 girls in the room. Talk about being a womanizer! (I caught his signature womanizer pose on camera last week! But I think he'd slay me if I post it up. Bummer.) The eating started after all the laughing that got me coughing a bit. XP The food was awesomeeeeeee. The satays just kept coming and none of us could get enough of them. *drool* The company was great, too, despite the frequent sighs and occasional slaps on people who were blocking the way to the food. :P
We even had time to squeeze in a session of Mafia in between all the eating. It's that murderer, doctor, and spy game. We played three rounds and after the third round, I got tired. Because I, being the spy, had a hard time figuring out who the murderer was, but when I did point her out, the narrator thought that I was pointing at someone else instead. ELEH. Hahaha it was great fun, though. :D
After that, we mingled around a bit. Later on, the "dancefloor" opened. Last night, I rediscovered my love for RnB. All the dancing took a lot of energy and adrenaline but it was really fun! We danced to most of the songs, but I enjoyed the familiar songs like Boom Boom Pow, Poker Face, I Know You Want Me (mostly because YJ hates the song.. wheeeeee!), and I Gotta Feeling more because the techno songs just wore me out. XP During Poker Face, I think, YJ and Shen decided to gang up against me. Somehow YJ managed to poke my ring off my finger and made it land on the couch behind me. HMHHHHHH! We tried looking for it but gave up because it was too dark. I ended up finding it when I flopped onto the couch to sit out one of the songs. Phew. I sat out quite a few songs, but someone or another always pulled me back up. Haiyo. It doesn't help that Shen's always making me move in time with his shoulder-shaking move (but, yes, I agree with the no jeans thing now.. should've just gone in a skirt lah) and YJ's always trying to steal my good air-con spot by crashing into me with his womanizer moves. NO FAIR.

Anyhoo, it was great being with all my friends, singing and dancing to our hearts' content. We don't get many opportunities like this. But when they do come by, they make me realize how fortunate we are to be in the positions that we are. :) Now that the time for our friends to leave for the States draws near, it hits me that I've had such a wonderful year here. I feel sad to have to say goodbye so soon. Yes, it has been a year, a year filled with so many ups and downs that bonded us together, a year that may have seemed so long at times. But right now, that one year feels so short. It seems to have flown by, maturing us and bringing us closer than I'd ever expected. Farewells are never easy, but I believe that we've all been blessed with great friendships and many good times in the past year. Here's to strong bonds and awesome farewell parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment