Friday, October 30, 2009

The LPB strikes

My room is kinda like a shipwreck now. My belongings are all over the place. It's like KABOOM and my stuff went flying everywhere! Okay, not that dramatic lah. It's more like I climbed on the chair to clear the top of my wardrobe and chucked all my things into the box and one luggage bag. I was struck by the sudden urge to start packing while having my lunch of free nasi lemak. :D

So everything came out and got sorted into (not so neat) piles of things. I even stuck labels on the walls and desk to indicate what each pile is. I don't really trust my organizational instincts to do other stuff when my mind is so occupied with things that involve ions, equations, and the like, so, yeah, labels it is. I employed the very quick and relatively pain-free technique of sorting my clothes. I simply picked them up one by one and chucked them into wherever I thought they should go. Often times, I find myself keeping clothes that I don't actually wear, so I figured I might as well stop lying to myself and start sorting them out appropriately.

The thing that gets to me most besides the lack of storage space (should've gotten two big boxes) is the copious amount of paper that I have collected over four semesters. After taking about 13 courses here, I've managed to hoard A LOT of paper. Calculus made me consume the most paper, I think, judging from the height of the pile of Calculus notes, tutorials, test papers, and whatnot. Thank goodness for wonderful friends like Karyn who was willing to come upstairs and spend some time sorting through all my papers and organizing them. She even left them in neat piles on the bed, arranged by order of exercises, tutorials, tests, etc. and threw out the stuff that I don't want to keep. Oh, what would I do without such willing friends? :D

As of now, the only section of the room that is still pretty much the same way it was when I woke up this morning is my desk. It is still cluttered because I have textbooks, exercise books, and loose sheets of paper everywhere. That's just how it is when I'm deep in work. I think it's safe to conclude that the level of atrocity of the mess that I create is directly proportional to the amount of work that I'm doing. So I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I just can't be bothered to clear up the mess when people come over to my room. (I'm so sorry, my dear friends, but you know well enough that you can just move the stuff around if you need somewhere to sit!)

I cannot wait for my second and last final paper of the year to be over! I can't wait to be liberated! Because then I can finish packing up and sit back to enjoy the shows that are waiting to be feasted upon! AHHHHHHHHH.

Can't wait to be home too! (Though I might start saying how bored I feel in the first week... Just ignore me if I do...)

As for now, I shall just ignore the joyous cries that occasionally reach my ears from outside my room and the many Facebook statuses that proclaim other people's freedom from the clutches of exams and focus on my own work. I have kept my butt on the chair to study for a big portion of the day. Just a bit more, and then I shall join them in their joyous cries! (Though, actually, most people have already gone back or are going back tomorrow.) But it is okay! Because, woohoo, HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

(Yeah, it's the last paper bug getting to me.)

No comments: