I am back from the extremely hot island of Langkawi and the other island, Penang. I had great fun in both places (minus the weather in both places and the traffic madness in Penang). It was nice to get away for a while to experience different environments.
It was my second Christmas away from home, but this time, with my parents. We had a low-key Christmas Day because there wasn't the normal Christmas Mass followed by the unwrapping of the presents under the tree at midnight, and then adding the finishing touches before all the guests come flooding the house. Instead, we enjoyed a really good breakfast and then took the whole day to walk around the hotel area. There isn't much to see in Langkawi (no, I did not visit any beaches), but it was fun just looking around. And I got to meet up with Shing Yee in Penang after over a year! She and Wendy brought me around Gurney. It was fun getting to chill with friends in their own hometown. All in all, it was a great vacation, with all the walking, shopping, and, of course, eating!
Now on to proofreading my essays and gearing up for the new year! Are you ready to usher in 2010?
It was my second Christmas away from home, but this time, with my parents. We had a low-key Christmas Day because there wasn't the normal Christmas Mass followed by the unwrapping of the presents under the tree at midnight, and then adding the finishing touches before all the guests come flooding the house. Instead, we enjoyed a really good breakfast and then took the whole day to walk around the hotel area. There isn't much to see in Langkawi (no, I did not visit any beaches), but it was fun just looking around. And I got to meet up with Shing Yee in Penang after over a year! She and Wendy brought me around Gurney. It was fun getting to chill with friends in their own hometown. All in all, it was a great vacation, with all the walking, shopping, and, of course, eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment