The Ne-Yo concert last night was amazing. It was my first real concert and I must say that it was worth attending. Ji Ding and I had been wanting to go to a concert together, but somehow our plans failed to materialize, until the end of last year when she asked if I want edto see Ne-Yo live. Of course I jumped at the opportunity.
We stood in line at around 6 pm. We were only allowed to enter the concert venue at 8 pm. The 2 hours of standing in line was quite tiring. Not only were we sandwiched amongst sweaty bodies, we also had to endure cigarette smoke swirling around and also someone complaining loudly for a long time behind us. Oh, well. We entertained ourselves by people watching, talking, and taking a few photos. We instantly regretted not borrowing someone's camera when we realized that we could've brought one in. :( Ahh, what to do.
Anyway, the opening act started at about half past 8. The crowd was trickling in and getting hyped up. After five songs (if I remember correctly), the crowd was hyped up and ready to see the man himself. The hosts came out and entertained the audience for a while, getting everyone to chant Ne-Yo's name. Once the crowd was sufficiently geared up for what we had all gone to see, Ne-Yo walked onto the stage, causing a mad wave of screaming to ensue. It was then that I realized why it feels so great to be at a concert to watch an artiste that you really like perform. I was positively euphoric throughout the first song, Because of You.
Everyone was sweating buckets but no one seemed to care once the show got rolling. I do not remember the set listing, but I do know for a fact that his performance was really entertaining. He not only sang, but also got the crowd ooh-ing and aah-ing at the littlest things. In between songs, he interacted with the crowd and got everybody hanging on for more. The crowd was mad.
The concert ended around 11.15 pm after he performed Closer, which I think is a brilliantly fitting end to the night, what with the choreography and excitement level at the time. We left Sunway Lagoon, we were like ecstatic little girls who had been given a free lifetime supply of Barbie dolls. Walking out of the Purple Zone and turning back to look at the stage, all I could think was WOW.
I loved every single bit of the concert. And I am glad that we went to the concert, even if it meant sweating like I'd run 6 laps, worrying if waterproof make up really does its job well (it did - whoever invented waterproof make up, thank you so much), sleeping at 3.20 am (after supper and a period of a big adrenaline rush) and waking up at 6.00 am today to come back here. I walked into the hostel area feeling dog tired but still excited. And thank goodness for caffeine that gave me just the right boost that I needed to keep me going until 12 pm. Much to my own surprise, I only caved in and paid off my sleep debt at almost 3.00 pm.
Here's a big, big thank you to Ji Ding for the hospitality and awesome company. Also, not forgetting our patient driver, Kingston, who waited and waited as the crowd went by without signs of us anywhere. (Kings, we told you to go there later ma. Hmmmh.) As a treat, I let him listen to a minute or two of the concert through the phone. (I still think he should have just bought the ticket and came with us.. Hah!) And thank you to Jonathan for his softer hair which I loved and his same ol' sarcastic remarks (and should I say inability to pick up hints?). You all made my night!
It was one of the best nights I've ever had. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment