Here's a recap of the last few days.
On Saturday afternoon, I headed to church for a cleaning up. The GB girls did the kneelers as usual. We finished our work quite early, so I went home earlier as I didn't join the carolling practice. I really do miss carolling. Although there were times when we couldn't bring ourselves to hit the high notes and ended up feeling like cats with furballs stuck in our throats, I still do wish I could go back to that time.
That night, we met up again, this time at Garden Steamboat. I sat with Edina, Angel and Violet. Edina brought so many plates with piles of food on them to our table. Just when I thought I could sit down and FINALLY eat something, she came back with some more plates filled with raw stuff. And then we'd get up and start cooking again. We ate so much that we were the last to finish. Pretty much all the people who arrived at the same time we did had already left and their tables were already cleared while we were still busy polishing off every last bit of food left on our plates. I have never experienced gluttony at that level before. Never. (You probably think that it's odd, coming from a person my size.. lol) After all the effort I've made for the past couple of months, restraining from eating bad stuff, I discovered that my digestive system just doesn't agree with bingeing like that anymore. Because..
I lau sai-ed (I know there is no such word, excuse my Manglish la). Ugh. No more 20-plates-and-all-meat-no-veggie dinners for me. But all in all, it was very fun, especially when we ended our dinner with huge scoops of ice cream (oh, how I miss the multi-coloured Paddle Pop ice cream!). We were busy digging into our ice cream while everyone else huddled together for a group photo. Gluttony won over all else then. =p
But I have to say, EDINA, YOU'RE EVIL! Because you made me eat like a pig, which caused me to lau sai. But at least we had fun doing it! Haha!
Nothing much took place on Sunday. It was a day spent lazing around at home doing practically nothing. I watched The Holiday at night. It's a nice movie, though I won't say superb. It's entertaining to see how two people's lives can intertwine so intricately. I'd say it's a 3 out of 5. =)
Yesterday, I finally got to see McDreamy (I sound as if I've just met him in real life)! Do bear with me here. =p I have to say, I don't quite like fairy tales (sure, I've heard and read them since young, but I guess growing up injects a certain dose of cynicism in everyone. Well, me at least) but I'll make an exception for Enchanted. Because I love the movie! Sure, at first, Giselle the lost princess pretty much got under my skin with her super duper cheery outlook on life (hey, who wouldn't be cheery if they're a Disney princess?). McDreamy.. I mean, Patrick Dempsey, carried his role as the divorce lawyer and single father really well (but then again, he can play anyone for all I care). Despite the kindasorta annoying Princess Giselle at the beginning of the movie, the plot played out pretty well with the ocassional dose of the real world. My favourite scene has to be the singing and dancing scene at the park. It's so colourful, so cheerful, so.. Disney. =p And, of course, what is a fairy tale without its very own "happily ever after"?
*sigh*
But we all know that reality is a far cry from a fairy tale, don't we?
Shall be having dinner at Chia Hsin's tonight. Lots of fried chicken will be screaming my name approximately 3 hours from now. God, pleeeeeaaaaaseeeee give me the strength to overcome all temptations, especially those in the form of very oily, fat-laden food. Please let me be able to at least strip away the ohsoyummy, tempting parts and help me hang on to every shred of my resilience to hold fast to my rules so I can reach my goal. You've helped changed my mindset, now please help me keep to it. (Oh, I've digressed so far..)
Oprah featured six people who are involved in 'The Secret' on her show today. According to them, 'The Secret' is a powerful thing that can change my life, your life, everyone's life today. They said that if we can visualize something, anything good that we want, an end product or success that we wish we can achieve, we CAN get it. Why? Because of the law of attraction. Because according to quantum physics (which I know nothing of, except that it interests Brandon Boyd of Incubus - some useless info I learnt years ago thanks to a goss mag), everything is made up of energy (or is it everything is energy? See, that's why I don't know anything about quantum physics).
Anyway, basically, what they said is that whatever we think, feel and do, we send out an energy to the whole universe. Therefore, we must change our mindsets. We must not only THINK positive, we must also FEEL positive. Because, well, our head and heart can do two very different things, I suppose. Thinking and feeling positive, however, is not sufficient. We must also DO positive things. We must ACT positively to propagate our positive vibes to everyone around us. (At this point, I'm aware that I sound like a motivator wannabe)
So whatever it is that we want to achieve, be it to secure a better job, find a partner, lose weight (hear, hear), we just have to start by thinking and feeling positive, by visualizing how it would be like after we have achieved our goal. Once we learn to appreciate what we have, because as this man, Dr. Michael Beckwith, said, there is nothing new that comes into our life, we just have to appreciate what we have to make them better. It sounds pretty simple, but how many of us can say very, brutally honestly that we are very satisfied with what we have? If we can visualize the after part of our success, we'd be driven to positive actions to reach that goal.
So that's "The Secret". Today's show is inspiring. The whole reaching your goal thing, yeah, I'm a sucker for those. =p I guess that's why I can be quite a perfectionist sometimes (though my bags and books would show you that I am quite a slob too). I'm into this whole think, plan and act idea. I like organisation and planning. Because I just have to plan things beforehand or else I'd shift into paranoid mode in under 2 seconds. It's safe to say that I'm not exactly into very spontaneous things.
That's quite funny since I'm actually going to take a great plunge into something where I can't plan every detail and might involve a certain degree of spontaneity. Ah, life.
1 comment:
'The secret ' huh? My dad was sou fascinated about it, got the cd, and bought TWO books of the same. And every single night, he would remind me to visualise having a rich dadddy. -.- bingo. ahah
Post a Comment