Saturday, March 22, 2008

Elusive fun

Finally, some private time. It feels like forever since I last updated. It's the whole hassle of typing this thing up on my laptop and then publishing it in the computer room because my lappy cannot connect to the hostel's WiFi which has been very elusive lately that makes me put off updating my blog more regularly. But then again, it feels like forever that I’ve come back here after the short break, when in actual fact it’s only been 6 days today. Time is passing at its own pace.

Life is back to normal once again. Assignments have started pouring in, projects are popping up here and there and there are tons of things to tend to at once. But that doesn’t mean all work and no play. We headed to Clarke Quay on Thursday night to chill. And I got myself some wonderful Hokkaido ice-cream. It’s so good I couldn’t resist. Tried the coffee flavour this time.. *drools* Yesterday, we went out to watch Spiderwick Chronicles. I won’t say that it is superb, but it’s okay – not too bad. I’m not a movie person, so maybe my so-so standard may be very good to others. I bought 2 VCDs, The 40-year-old Virgin and The Break-Up. I’m pissed that the second CD of The 40-year-old Virgin is defected. It isn’t returnable nor refundable because it was on offer for 5 bucks. =( But there’s an upside. I got myself the Never Gone CD – at last! It’s 12 bucks, which is a whole lot cheaper than what I can get back home, considering that my CD comes with an extra DVD too! =D

I’m thinking of getting myself a pair of slippers because I’m tired of alternating between my Adidas sneakers and Hush Puppies walking shoes every time I go out, especially when I’ve got blisters or when my toes decide to act up for the millionth time. We entered URS & Inc. twice yesterday, tried on some stuff and came out empty-handed. I could have gotten something and just pay using NETS (this wonderful credit-card-like system which tempts you to buy stuff even when you have only 30 bucks left is NOT GOOD, I tell you.. it’s so tempting just to swipe the card and stroll off with your purchase..) but I didn’t. It was either I was being fickle-minded or I have turned into a permanent cheapskate. But then again, considering splurging on a pair of slippers doesn’t exactly make me a cheapskate, does it? My total spoils so far have not guilt me out of surveying – yet. Hehe.. =p

Fun is hard to find in the midst of school and all its demands, but it isn’t an impossible task.

No comments: