Do you ever feel like you want the world to stop spinning on its axis and for everything to just float by slowly so that you'd have the time to take them all in? Do you ever wish that time would stop just because?
And then you realise that time isn't something you can hold on to. Because time just flies past as it wishes, leaving us to relive our memories over and over in hopes that we can somehow recapture the moment that we know has already gone. It's just human to do so.
I'm back home for one week. Just when I started feeling more like myself at home, I received a call from the school. It was a teacher informing me that we need to cut someone out of our team to join the science fair because, apparently, we were misinformed and told that we are allowed to have 6 team members, when in actual fact, we are only allowed to have a maximum of 4 persons. We have 5 in our team.. so now what?
It doesn't help that I've got a mountain of homework waiting to be done and tests to study for. I've got a Chemistry lecture test on the Monday when school reopens. Wonderful. Life in college isn't all fun and play as people usually make it out to be. But then again, one may say that I am just in a very pessimistic frame of mind at the moment.
I missed the security of being at home. You never notice the small crack in the tile, the smudge on your bedroom wall, the chipped paint in the bathroom, the way the tap sounds when it drips, the few dustbunnies which escaped your last ruthless cleaning, until you are away from home. It's funny how much you miss when you are there and how much you remember when you're not. The feeling I got when the wheels of the airplane touched solid ground is undescribable. It was all I could do from unsnapping my seatbelt even before the brakes were applied.
It's nice being home. If only I don't have a multitude of things to think of at the same time.
Time flies. And it still won't stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment