Here is a part of a looooooooong list of songs that I like (on varying levels, in no particular order) because they remind me of something or someone in the past or present.
Dare You to Move (Switchfoot)
This is my ultimate favourite song because it's so inspirational. I listen to it for motivation whenever I'm down or frustrated. For the most part, I like it because it brings back good memories.
Kiss Kiss (Chris Brown)
Kiss Kiss (Chris Brown)
I uploaded this song into my phone right after I got it because I was so into it at that time. Ji Ding and I used to sit together in the excursion bus and share my earphones to listen to this song during those trips on the MOE Scholars' Orientation. Ah, good times. =)
Low (Flo Rida ft T-Pain)
Low (Flo Rida ft T-Pain)
This is Room 103's soundtrack! It all started when Shing Yee asked me why they rapped about birds and feathers in the song. I laughed so much it hurt. Took me a while to recover and explain to her that the song has got nothing to do with birds and feathers! "She hit the bird!"
Stolen (Dashboard Confessional)
This song isn't my cup of tea but it's memorable because Calvin used to sing this every Physics lesson in the lab beside me. When you've got someone repeating a song almost every day, it's only natural that it sticks in your head, so..
I Want It That Way (Backstreet Boys)
There's a long story behind why this song is memorable to me. Connie and I sang it before one of our exam papers back in Form 2, I think. It stuck since then and became a tradition for us to sing it while we did last-minute mugging for a paper. Haha!
Home (Westlife)
I think the title says it all for this song. We used to listen to this whenever we felt homesick. My advice is to NOT listen to this song when you're feeling homesick because if anything, it INTENSIFIES your homesickness to the extent that you feel like.. like.. crying. ='(
Apologize (OneRepublic)
I'm not too crazy about this song but Ruth had it on replay when I was in the toilet, bathroom, studying, reading, eating.. So, lekat lah.
Leaving On A Jet Plane (Chantel)
Ish.. I kinda dislike this song now because it reminds me of the transition that I'm going through. But actually, I normally love this song because it's very touching. Emomomooooo.
Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (Aerosmith)
Because I used to belt this out with Chia Hsin back in those days and it brings back memories in McNair.
Don't Want You Back (Eamon)
So angry. But nice!
These Walls (Teddy Geiger)
Now this song brings back wonderful memories of our first orientation, LOST, in SA. This was our theme song. Back then, I didn't fancy this song too much but it grew on me and I ended up loving it after the orientation. (By the way, I LOVE ACHOMAWIIIII!)
Beautiful Girl (Sean Kingston)
Because that's how we identified Kingston, instead of sticking the label of "white like ang mo boy" on him. And the tune just sticks in your head after a while, spinning around on replay.
Give Me Novacaine (Green Day)
This song reminds me so much of debate last year because that was when Elstan introduced the song to me. I've been hooked since.
Qi Li Xiang (Jay Chou)
(Okay, get that shellshocked look off your face. I do listen to Chinese songs too!) This song brings back bittersweet memories in secondary school. I had it set as my ringtone for two whole years, I think.
Queen of My Heart (Westlife)
(What's with these Q songs..) Fateen and I used to be crazy over this song. I miss hogging the phone talking to her! =(
Spanish Eyes (Backstreet Boys)
This song reminds me of my sister. I'm so jealous that she got to watch BSB live in concert while I was stuck in McNair Lodge, bouncing around the room in delight. I had to be content with listening to them from another continent. *sigh*
Goodbye My Lover (James Blunt)
My James Blunt obsession started when Chia Hsin got his CD. And the boys sang this by the pool as part of their farewell performance! Awww..
Scars (Papa Roach)
I heard this song on the radio every day when I had to go to the hospital for a whole month after my appendectomy. The song just seemed very fitting at the time even though there were days when I was annoyed that they just HAD to play the song when my wound hurt so much. =p
Blurry (Puddle of Mudd)
I was nuts over this song in Primary 6!
Falling Slowly (Glen Hansard & Marketa Iglova)
I fell in love with this song when it was performed during the Guitar Concert not too long ago. =)
These songs are just part of the many, many wonderful songs which mean so much to me. They may bring back good memories, sad memories. Listing them ALL down would take forever. But it's amazing how just one song can evoke so much inside us, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment