Thursday, June 26, 2008

Slacker of the month reporting

It's 12.35 am and I am still tapping away in front of the monitor. I've had another day of slacking. The only productive things I did are practising an SAT test paper, washing my very dirty Adidas and keeping my eyes peeled on the tv for a whole hour to see Drew Fuller (he is the living definition of sexy!).

It rained very heavily tonight. It started before dinner with scary lightning bolts and loud thunders. The rain was relentless, didn't let up until some time later. What a bad day to pick to wash my sneakers. Oh, well.

A month ago, I thought I'd be celebrating my freedom tonight, going online for as long as I wish or curling up in my upper bunk bed with a good book or munching away in the canteen because COMMON TEST HAS ENDED (at least for those who take H1 Econs)! But, oh, well.. I've been going online like nobody's business, stuffing my face like I don't care about the last 5 kg that I'd lost (all thanks to PE, TAF Club and NAPFA.. Oh, the wonders of brute force and human willingness!) and watching a whole month's worth of tv, from Scrubs to Party Planner with David Tutera (I love his show!) to Oprah (I don't know why I've been a loyal Oprah fan since forever) to CSI (This has to be one of my GREATEST EVER tv addiction!) to Judging Amy to ER (another all-time favourite!) to Desperate Housewives (I'm not so into it, but it's good for a laugh every now and then) and of course, my newly-found love, Army Wives (I LOVE TREVOR!).

Oh. And I think I have been miraculously cured of my addiction to MTV. *gasp!* Hahaha.. I think I've stopped watching out for new videos and who is topping the charts since I became deprived of them in Singapore. I mostly just surf music websites once in a while and watch videos on Youtube. Among my many confessions is that I like Jesse McCartney's 'Leavin'' and The Click Five's 'Empty'. *sigh* And I've gotten hooked onto Facebook. Heh.

I actually miss walking! I haven't been moving around much (okay, more like AT ALL) since I got home. My handy pedometer-like device in my handphone has been recording shameful numbers like 0.5 km every day since I came back to Kuching. O.o I could reach a record of 15 km before and now I'm reduced to less than a kilometre a day?! Admittedly, I dread walking for long periods of time, but I miss the freedom of walking to a nearby MRT station to hop onto the train to get to the mall in 5 minutes. On one hand, I love the fact that I've learned that I CAN lose weight and that NO, I won't die after running/jogging/walking 2.4 km and there's this voice nagging at me to start moving so that I won't gain back the weight because OH, CRYSTAL, YOU'VE DONE SO MUCH ALREADY! On the other hand, I'm lazy. Heh.

My secondary school teachers gushed over me like they hadn't seen me in years instead of just a few months. Okay, so I know I look different. But, really, who doesn't change when they shift from secondary school to college? For one, you lose that kiddy look that you never knew looked so bad on you in secondary school but, heck, we all looked the same then. Two, when you stay somewhere else, apart from your parents, you're bound to look more grown up and responsible and blahblahblah. One thing I couldn't quite understand was the fuss over my hair. My first perm was in October in Form 4. That's almost 2 years ago! Apparently, it went unnoticed, maybe because I still had to tie my hair up. Now I've permed it maybe 5 times already, then they realised that I've changed my hair.. haha.. =p

Erh.. it's almost 1 am. Better go before my eyes hurt. I'm gonna go to bed and have wonderful dreams of..


*melts*

=)

No comments: