There is this silly tongue twister we used to say in primary school, "kakakku kata kuku kakiku kaku". It's amazing how long we try to say the whole sentence repeatedly before the gales of laughter and long-suppressed giggles start making their way out. But my toenail is feeling a little funny now.
I set my alarm to 8.00 am because we were supposed to meet the others at the bus stop outside the hostel at 10.00 am to go to KLCC, but I ended up waking up at 9.20 am. I was exhausted and dragging myself out of bed took every ounce of energy I could muster. I was so tired because I went to sleep at almost 3.00 am. Never eat your dinner up to 11.00 pm and risk ending up waking up feeling fatigued the next day. Ugh. Anyway, there went my plans to wash my clothes (washing machines and dryers are STILL not in yet, so I STILL have to wash all my clothes by hand.. have not dropped a single cent into the laundry service here yet). I had a quick breakfast after my bath and went to the bus stop with Wendy. While walking to the other side of the bus stop, my left foot got stuck in a small crack on the ground and I stubbed my small toe on the ground. My little toe throbbed after that. I was afraid that I'd broken the whole nail because it had happened before and I didn't even realise it at that time. Further inspection at the mall afterwards revealed that all was well and that my toenail is still intact, but it still feels a little funny, even now.
The trip to KL Sentral was boring. I didn't have my baby with me so I couldn't listen to any music. All I had to listen to was the screeching sound of the friction between the train and the tracks, people talking and bad ringtones at level 5 volume (seriously, why must people use club or dance songs as their ringtone and put it to level 5?! Takkan wanna announce to the whole world when they get a call, or worse still, just a message? Ish!). People were pushing like mad, as always. *sigh* A few of the ticketing machines at KL Sentral broke down and did not accept the notes we put in. We managed to find a functioning one but it took quite a while - precious time wasted again. We headed to KLCC and went to the top floor to have lunch. I had black pepper beef rice, which was seriously made with black pepper. It was so spicy and hot I almost finished all of my Sarsi before I even finished my meal. =p
Our next stop was Kinokuniya. The guys wanted to look for SAT books. I wandered off on my own because I already have my own books. I browsed through the fiction there and searched for the Econs textbook that I'm supposed to get (It is sold at RM100 there! Guess I'm just gonna wait till the stock arrives in the INTI bookstore next week). I ended up buying Jodi Picoult's 'Salem Falls'. After that, Wendy and I roamed around looking for jackets. I get freezing cold in every lesson because the classes are always soooo cold I have to keep my hands jammed in the front pockets of my jacket when I'm not writing. It took what seemed like forever and a million stores later before I stumbled upon stuff that I wanted to buy. I spent quite a while at the Padini section and ended up with a comfy light yellow top. I also got a thick, navy blue top to wear on cold days. I got both the tops with a 70% discount. And then I found the jacket. It is a thick Radioactive jacket, white with black polka dots. I decided not to get any of the hoodies because they're too fancy. I know, the polka dots aren't very unflashy either, but I love the jacket! Its original price is RM99.90 but it was selling with a 50% discount. I'm delighted with my buys because now I have more colours in my wardrobe (Almost all now! I don't have anything orange though, because I left my orange Adidas shirt at home.. oh, and brown too, because the brown Hush Puppies shirt I have is old and faded already, so I left it at home too).
With hurting feet, we made our way to the bagel stall where we shared 3 warm bagels before heading to the train station. We arrived in the hostel at 8.30 pm and had our dinner in the dining hall. I was so exhausted I felt like I couldn't walk back to my room. Now I'm alone in the room, freezing cold because the air-conditioner is set to the lowest temperature with its fans at high speed. It's so cold that even my fingers are beginning to numb. O.o
I spent about half an hour washing 3 days' worth of clothes just now. I wringed the water out of all my clothes and brought them over to the other clothes-drying area on the other side of the block because the one nearer to my room is full already. Now I've got some ironing to do and maybe I'll stay up to finish up my ENL101 assignment and do some reading. Maybe I am crossing over. =p
'Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment