Yesterday I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6.25 am to take a bath and have my breakfast, which was a mug of hot Milo (thanks to the wonders of an electric kettle) and chocolate buns (a welcome diversion from bread and jam.. hehe). Headed off to my first class, Calculus I, which was at the Learning Resource Centre, the furthest block to have our classes. Joy. I made my way there and almost walked past my classroom because I didn't know that the room I was looking for is the first room that you see when you enter LRC3. Haiyo. I can still get lost in the academic blocks after two weeks here (one week, if you consider the period of time in which I have attended classes). I once walked all the way around one floor of one of the blocks just to realise that the block does not lead to the next one, but instead, you have to go up another floor. Aiyah. It's some complicated route that I can only make out when I'm walking in that direction. =p
I rushed out after ENL101 class ended at 7.03 pm because I was supposed to meet up with Wendy and go to the pasar malam with her. But as I walked past the Student Affairs Office, I saw that the handphone shop was still open so I rushed in to ask if the guy there could fix my handphone. The keypad is busted and my space key is jammed so when I type SMSes, I have to substitute each space with a full stop, which my friends find weird. Ji Ding said that she read my SMSes with one breath for each word. Adoi. After talking to the guy there for a while, I left my phone there and he gave me a substitute phone - an old, non-colour screen Nokia phone. I'm okay with it, though, as long as my baby gets fixed. He told me that another girl had come in to fix the same model handphone too. *sigh* Hopefully I won't have to fork out too much for the repair.
Anyhoo, I made it to the MPH and we headed to the bus stop. We were in luck as the bus was still waiting there. A few minutes later we reached the pasar malam. It was packed and smoky, just like any normal pasar malam. We spent approximately an hour and a half there. I bought some kacang kuda (I can't believe no one else knows and eats them!), keropok lekor (this brings back good memories of my childhood!), 4 pairs of earrings for RM10 (it's been so long since I bought and wore any!), a packet of mee goreng and my last spoil of the night is jagung glazed with butter and sprinkled with salt. *drools* The jagung was amazing, even though I had to pay RM1.70 for it. It was big and juicy and very, very buttery.. YUM.. I managed to finish three-quarters of the kacang kuda before even reaching the college. Ate the jagung in the dining hall with a glass of mango juice. Afterwards, I ate my mee goreng in the room while talking to Ji Ding on the phone.
I feel so full now that it's impossible to sleep. Maybe I'll just surf the Net (Friday nights and the weekends are superb because I can get fast Internet speed since almost everyone is home for the weekend) or *gasp* do some work. Hahaha.. We're going to KLCC tomorrow instead of MidValley because the MidV trip organized for us newbies is postponed until further notice. Some of them want to buy books. Me, I just want a thicker jacket to keep me warm during classes to avoid freezing in the classrooms. =p
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment