Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fun :)

Random picture:

Photobucket
Bee Chiun, Carmen, and Tania wearing purple on Wendesday as they deemed it 'Purple Day'

Thursday night

I went out for dinner with Wendy, Yin Yiing, Wei Yiing, and Sher Minn (look at the double letters.. aiyo) at 7 pm. After dinner, we went to the convenience store at about 7.50 pm to buy serviette paper for "our agenda", which was a surprise birthday party for Bee Chiun (whose birthday is today!) and Wei Yiing (whose birthday was last Sunday). WY didn't know that it was her party too; she thought that it was only Bee's surprise party. Muahaha! The rest of us managed to stall for time. YY pretended that she'd lost her pen and needed a new one. I said I wanted to buy something to eat. And I ended up buying a small bar of hazelnut chocolate. :p I even got myself a black file while we were thinking of more convincing ways to kill time. We ended up going to the DVD shop and looked at the things there for a while.

We headed back into the campus compound only at 8.30 pm, when the party was supposed to start at 8 pm! Haha! Malaysian time at its best indeed. Anyway, we 'met' Bee and Carmen along the way and we headed to the cafeteria. The two birthday girls were appropriately surprised. There were, I think, 23 of us there that night. We had cake (I accidentally ate a small piece that had fungus on it! The girls said that maybe the strawberry made that part of the cake go bad. But I'm okay, thankfully.) and hanged out in the cafeteria for a while.

Photobucket
The cake on the left was Bee's (decorated with the picture of a bee on top!) and the other one was Wei Yiing's (tiramisu cake)

Photobucket
The birthday girls cutting their cakes :)

Photobucket
Reading their cards which Tania designed and we signed (it was so hard to keep everything under wraps from WY!)

Yesterday

I was surprisingly alert during Calculus and Psychology class. I managed to refrain from pulling on my jacket throughout the whole 4 hours! That's some kind of minor accomplishment for me because I'm trying really hard to get used to the freezing cold air-con in the classrooms. Psychology class ended about half an hour earlier, so I went to buy my lunch and went back to the room.

We had our second ENL101 CA yesterday. We had to write an essay built upon a given thesis statement and points. After the 30-minute test, we had another 2.5 hours of lesson. I caved in and pulled on my jacket halfway through the 2.5 hours. *sigh* After class ended at 7 pm, I read WY's message asking me if I wanted any cakes from the pasar malam, but she and Wendy were already back when I read the message, so no cake for me. :( I wanted to hurry to the bakery to have my dinner, but I got caught up talking to Karyn, and then while we were chatting with the guys on the way to the bridge, somehow we stopped and Dr Lim talked to us. He said some very funny things and the way he talked was really father-like. Haha! He told us that when he went to Sweden, he found out that the men and women share a common bathroom. Everyone bathed in the open! Fuiyo. Some of the things he said really cracked us up. :p

I reached the bakery only at 7.30 pm - yeah, we spent about 20 minutes listening to Dr Lim outside the Faculty of Applied Science. :p I wanted to get nasi lemak, but it was sold out already, so I settled for my usual - nasi pattaya. Wendy and Wei Yiing already grabbed a strategic spot which gave a good view of the screen. I devoured my dinner and proceeded to open a packet of tapioca chips. Hungry lah! :p Wendy was amused at how curious I was about the food that they'd bought at the pasar malam.. Haiyo. I wanted to go to the pasar malam, but the Olympics opening was supposed to start at 8 pm, so mana sempat to go to the pasar malam, buy stuff, and come back?

The Beijing Olympics opening ceremony was spectacular! I don't want to go into details, but I watched everything from the beginning to the end (minus most of the introduction of the contingents because sometime between that 2 hours of the marching in, I got absorbed in a word search game in the newspaper.. Heh..) and it was worth making my butt numb from sitting on the same seat for a grand total of 4 hours and 30 minutes without leaving the seat. If you missed the show, be sure to catch the replay! The pyrotechnics were AMAZING. I wished I could see it live!

Oh, and I think the sweet little bonus for me is that the Luxemborg contingent had a really good-looking flag bearer! Hahaha! Like Ji Ding said, trust me to look out for such a thing. :p Eh, but I think he's hot la! Plus, a few other girls in the bakery reacted the same way I did when he came on-screen. Muahaha! :)

After the lighting up of the Olympics torch, we packed up our things. I jumped around for a few seconds to unknot my muscles. Come to think of it, I must have looked like a silly kid jumping around in the bakery with so many other people there. :p We headed back to our block and met up with some other girls on the first floor where they were celebrating Ching's (who stays two rooms away from me) birthday. We had some cake (3 birthday cakes in 2 days!) and I was the only one who wasn't smeared with cream! I was afraid that my white jacket would get stained. :p After our little cake fest, we went to our rooms. I took a quick shower at 12.30 am, came back to the room, and fell asleep reading my story book. I awoke at 6 am to turn off the light and arranged my blankets because I'd set the air-con to 24 degrees Celcius with high fan speed. =______________="

Today

I woke up at almost 11 am, took my bath, tried out the spaghetti in the dining hall for the first time (not going to try it again for a long time - trust me..) and then came back to do some work. I SMS-ed Wendy and WY to come over to have some toasted bread. We enjoyed some toast with peanut butter. It's amazing that I've finished almost the whole bottle of peanut butter in just 2 weeks! O.o Before that, I'd written down a list of things to bring back home on the 19th and also things that I need to bring back here. Now I think I should add peanut butter onto the 'to bring back here' list. :p

Oh, and I used the washing machine and dryer for the first time here today! I stripped my bedsheets (yes, I use two - the blue one that they gave us and my own) and pillowcase to wash. I threw in my jeans, jacket, and towel too, to make a full load. I spent RM2.50 on the washing and RM2.70 on the drying. I added 20 sen before the drying started (normally people put in RM2.50 only) to see if I could just buy a few more minutes so that my clothes would be really dry. It gave me an extra 2 minutes only. Cheh. Anyway, I sat in the pantry on the first floor of my block and waited for the washing and drying cycles to finish. I did my SAT Maths homework while listening to songs on my phone. It's a good thing that I sat there and waited for the cycles to finish (27 minutes for washing and 49 minutes for drying) because there were a few other girls who were waiting to use the machines.

I really miss the comforts of home. Can't wait to be home! :)

No comments: