Si Ning always tells me that she's amazed by my DUH face. Because I can tell you honestly that I can pull a DUH face. Like this: =_________________=" If you've been around me for a while, or you see me every day, you'd probably notice my DUH face.
The reason I'm saying all this is because I AM SO PULLING A DUH FACE NOW.
See, the thing is, I was happy in the first half of the day. I didn't have morning classes, so I woke up at 8.30 am, took a bath, had my breakfast, revised Calculus, and the best part was that I shared to have pizza for lunch with my floormates - there were 12 of us, I think. The pizzas were delivered quite quickly. We ordered 2 regular Hawaiian tuna pizzas and 2 regular Hawaiian chicken pizzas. I had 3 slices of pizza for lunch, and all was well and good.
Come 2 pm, I was in Calculus class, my eyes and ears all open. 4 pm, I was in the lecture theater listening to my ENL101 lecturer speak. After that TOEFL lecture, I found myself at the Sidewalk Cafe with a few other girls. I bought a small (and not filling, even though it tasted good) bun for RM1.60 (I feel a DUH moment coming..) to ensure that I won't have to ignore a growling stomach during my Calculus test.
By 6.15 pm, I was already seated in the classroom, staring at the question paper - and then realizing that I LEFT MY WATCH IN MY BAG, WHICH I'D LEFT IN FRONT OF THE ROOM. All hail me, Queen of Forgetfulness. *sigh* I had to pace myself with my own mental clock and it wasn't easy! The paper was tricky. I don't want to go into details but it suffices to say that I'd disappointed myself. And if you know me well enough, it isn't a pretty sight when I feel disappointed with myself. A quick scan through the set of answers which was given to us at the end of the test revealed that I'd missed the target I'd set for myself.
I was BEWILDERED by my mistakes. How could I have forgotten to state that 'x cannot be equal to 5' in the piece-wise defined function question? That was easily the easiest question to obtain full scores in! I kicked myself mentally a couple of times, delivering myself some swift blows which didn't exactly make myself feel better. *cue DUH face* Plus, I totally let myself down in the last question, which was something to do with the limit of cot x which involved raising the expression to the power of something. I tried to do it for so long but ended up drawing a blank. I scrawled some working and wrote down my answer, 1/5, but the real answer turned out to be 1/625. All I had to do was raise the denominator to the power of 4, but I was so focused on trying to get sin x/x by manipulating the question that I ended up befuddling myself to draw up a blank. ARGH!
But, it wasn't all bad. I did manage to get the right answer for the second last question even though I'm pretty sure that my working veered off the correct track quite a bit. I was beginning to feel desperate when I could gauge that the time was almost up. I was still staring at my working, trying to make head or tail of what I'd written. I ended up resorting to differentiation, which I suppose has something to do with the L'Hopital rule which we haven't learnt yet (Ohhhhhh, why didn't we get to differentiation when I was still in JC?), and to confirm my answer, I even went with the most elementary method and drew up a table to check my answer. Thank goodness for small mercies.
Anyway, I might not have hit my target, and I don't like that at all, but it has past. So I'll stop kicking myself in the head and move on. :p And don't worry, Mummy and Daddy; I did my best and I know I shouldn't pressure myself too much. And I'll try.
On a lighter note, I went to the ACTS Church Home just now, which is a cell group that has just been set up here in Nilai for us students. They just launched the Home tonight. Karyn and I came in when there were already some people from KTT and Nilai International College there, along with the Pastors and church members. We had dinner, mingled around, sang a couple of praise and worship songs, and then we heard Pastor Kenneth talk about his past. I met a few new faces today which I hadn't seen in church. They're cool people. :) And I met a St. Jo old-boy! He doesn't stay in Kuching anymore, but it was nice meeting a fellow Kuchingnite (it's VERY HARD to find one here.. *sigh* Who can appreciate the wonders of kolo mee with me here?). All in all, it was a nice gathering. I felt at home there, even though it doesn't look like my own home. The only thing the place has in common with my own home is the tiles. Haha.. :) Too bad I can't attend next week's meeting, though.
BECAUSE THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I'LL BE AT HOME, IN KUCHING, BABEHHHHH!
I cannot wait! Assessments and SAT mock test aside, I am really, really looking forward to going home! :D Mummy, I'm going to work on the list of food that I wanna eat.. Actually, maybe it's better if I post it here.. then you'll remember.. Hahaha! I WANT TO EAT KOLO MEE. *drools* I tell you arrrr, the pan mee and all those long-names noodles may taste good, but nothing beats a bowl of good ol kolo mee. NADA. And I want my real bak kut teh! The bak kut teh I ate here the other day was SO disappointing. It wasn't even very herbal lor! AND I wanna eat tomato fried eggs! Mummy, I haven't eaten this for so long already.. Okay la, I ate it the other day at the cafeteria, but it was just so-so la. Okay, enough about food for now.. Watch this space because I'll be posting up my list soon. :p
I'm homeward bound in 5 days! WHEEEEEEEEE! :D
2 comments:
Hey, dont beat urself too much over ur test... same thing happened to me... i mugged.. really mugged without distractions for the 1st time since i came to spore for math graphing techniques & differentiation test. During the test, there's 5 questions. I thought they were supremely easy1 got 15 minutes xtra summore! wah~ miracle! thought my mugging session paid of... then when lecturer sed got two minutes left, i double checked my script. realised question 2 was so unfamiliar... lo and behold... i missed that question! (no wonder got 5 mins xtra) rushed into differentiating it in 2 minutes but din get to sub in values... haiz... talk about mentally kicking and strangling myself! Dont worry la crys, you can surely make up for it next time!
Aww.. thanks, Jojo.. I was just beating myself up because I know that I could have done much better, without all the slip-ups. Of course I'd expected some confusion, but not in those silly ways. :( Anyway, the main reason for me kicking myself is that every percent matters to get an A+ or A. BUT nevermind, it has passed, and I shall try my best to make up for it! :)
Post a Comment