Sunday, September 7, 2008

The day I'd been anticipating

Yesterday was awesome! :D

I woke up at 9 am, and then met up with Khye Theng at 10. We waited for the two guys outside their block and then we were seated in the bus by 10.30 am. After waiting on the train platform for 20 minutes, we had to stand for an hour and 15 minutes all the way to Mid Valley.

I was so glad when we could alight the train at Mid Valley. I was practically speed-walking into the building. Hahaha! We headed to GSC and the three of them went to buy movie tickets (we split up after that) while I waited for Eric and Ji Ding. They eventually found me and then we went for lunch after much debating about whether or not to watch a movie. We didn't watch a movie in the end because the showtimes were either too inconvenient, or the seats left were not too good (such as in the case of Wall-E, because there were only seats in the first three rows left.. AISH).

I finally had claypot chicken rice after craving for it for so long! *drools* And then we shared an ais kacang. A BIG one. A very pretty one too, with ice cream on top!

Our pretty ice kacang.. Lol. :)

Eric looking very happy.

"And then I went 'BLEH'..."

Me and Ding at the food court. :)

We kept on walking and walking but somehow we kept on ending up at the Centre Court. =___="

Eric said he'd never tried Baskin Robbins before, so we stopped by there before dinner. Yeah, ice cream before dinner. We rock! :p Anyway, we got these vouchers. We used the top one only, to buy 3 cones and get one free, which was just wonderful because there were 4 of us.

This photo was taken while waiting for Eric and Denise to show up because we split up. Ding and I went to FOS (where I was so tempted to buy a new bag but ended up walking out of the store empty-handed) and Jusco while the other two went to the Yamaha store. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to spend a whole hour in a music store when they're not looking for something to buy. :p

And then we got bored of waiting..

TADA! Our Baskin Robbins ice cream! Clockwise from top: Eric's walnut-flavored ice cream, Denise's Berry something-or-other flavored ice cream, my Olympecan (it's a featured flavor that has a lot of pecans and caramel.. Mmmm..) ice cream, and Ji Ding's coffee something-or-other ice cream.

After our ice creams, we headed over to the Manhattan Fish Market. It was my first time there. I'm not a big fan of seafood (as you probably already know, I can go without eating fish for months without realizing it), but I was keen to try this place out. We ordered a seafood platter which was mentioned in the menu to be sufficient for 2-3 persons and a side order of calamari rings (MY LOVE!). Even when shared among the 4 of us, the food still seemed so much. I wasn't too big on the garlic butter rice at first, but when eaten with the fish, MMMMMM. In short, dinner was very, very good and very, very satisfying! Thanks to Eric for the recommendation! :D

We spent about an hour there. We polished the platter clean kinda fast. I think everyone was kinda famished even after the ice cream.. Haha! Here's a group photo that we took before we left the Manhattan Fish Maket:

I came back alone by train from Mid Valley (9 stops from Nilai) and then by cab (I so do not wanna travel alone on the bus at night), with aches everywhere. My shoulder was tired after carrying my bag around for 12 hours and my legs were aching (though it was nowhere near the aches I used to get after morning runs and PE.. Haha!). But it was all worth it!

It was so nice to finally be able to have a mini gathering. I really miss you all. Even though there were just the 4 of us, it still gave me that mini-McNair feeling, which is something that I'd been missing for two months now.

Thanks for the wonderful day, guys! :)

Credits to Eric for most of the photos.

PS: The funniest quote of the day, courtesy of Denise: "AHH? Why do you wanna take the train to Seremban? That's in Negeri Sembilan! *pause* OH, you stay in another state?! You traveled to a different state to see us!" Yeah, darling.. I traveled interstate to see you. Haha! :)

PPS: Guess who conveniently forgot all about her Econs mid-term test on Wednesday? :p YEAH.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CRYSTAL!!! All those ice cream must be v nice!!! haha...

The Girl said...

Oh, yeah.. VERY NICE! :D