I dug through the pile of clothes, hoping to find something nice. Did I want to buy something? Maybe. It all depended on how nice the stuff looked - or so I thought.
Ah. Here's a nice plain top. I paused for a moment and scrutinized the item I had in my hand. Nice blue shade, nice texture... And then I tossed it back into the mound of clothes and sighed.
"Don't buy, don't buy, don't buy." I began muttering to myself.
Oh, here's a nicer one! My heart lifted, my lips formed a smile. Red flags raised in my mind. Mmmm.. I really like this one! Should I get it? Oh, I should. I really should. This would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. I love the color..
"Nope." I tossed that one back onto the pile too. "No more buying. I've spent enough. I've bought enough. I do not need this." I told myself firmly, willing myself to believe that letting go of two nice items of clothing won't hurt me despite my friends telling me to just get it lah!
The girl beside me caught my eye and smiled knowingly. Oh, she understood me perfectly well. Sometimes it's funny how two strangers can connect that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment