University admission decisions are coming out at a rate higher than what I'd expected. A few of my friends have already been accepted into top universities. Sweet. :)
Anyhoo, a great deal of time was spent on the upcoming trial today. I stayed up to churn out eight lists of questions for our witnesses and sadly, only one of them could answer the questions very well. Aih. Why are people so unwilling to pull their own weights sometimes? :( It's so unfair that only a few people end up doing all the brainstorming, planning, and executing. I don't like free riders. >:[
But the 5 hours spent on our trial matters were not wasted because at least 1.5 to 2 hours were dedicated to chatting with the defense lawyer (fictional one la, ok), Cimi. It was really nice talking to her and getting to know her background. It's kinda amazing how much we talked considering we were actually working on questions for the witnesses. :P
While talking with Cimi, I realized how differently words are pronounced when they are spoken with an American accent than when they are spoken with our Malaysian accent. That realization first dawned on me when a guy on the team pronounced my surname in that American slang (as in getting yourself a tan kinda tan.. geddit?) when he got my number. I was like wut? Then I realized, oh, ang moh accent lah, adoi. Yeah, yeah, I need to get used to things like this. I gotta say, it's kinda cool being able to work with international students. (Oh and did I mention the differences I discovered between the American and Malaysian cultures? Oh, the vast gaps!)
Things lined up for tomorrow: Some necessary mugging (finals in a bit over two weeks! O.o), house chores, trip to Jusco in Seremban (for Secret Recipe, I hope).
So next week's schedule looks like this:
Monday: Work on trial stuff, watch the Political Science trial with Cimi
Tuesday: Finalize trial stuff, trial starts at 6 pm
Wednesday: Macroecons Test 2
Thursday: Sit in as a member of the jury for the other trial in my class
Friday: Hopefully get some rest la.
Hope you have a good weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment