"This is the first time I see it."
Reading through the letter was surreal. It is worded so nicely. It's supposed to make me feel like a million bucks. Instead, I sat on the brown bench and wondered where things took such a wrong turn. I looked around me and couldn't figure out how I should feel. Holding that sheet in my hands was like holding an expensive crystal vase that was threatening to fall onto the ground and shatter into pieces. My heart was heavy, my mind was exhausted.
I didn't blink. I didn't sigh. I collected my things and got up to walk. Whenever I feel that tidal wave, I walk. It's as if I'm trying to walk and put as much distance between myself and the source of my hurt. When I walk, I don't stop unless I really have to. When my muscles strain, I walk more. Despite the pain and sweat, I just walk.
She quietly said, "I'm sorry." I think she understands.
I know. I'm sorry too.
No comments:
Post a Comment