I ended up not looking at watches at all. Instead, I tried on 4 tops in 2 stores. I even stopped by Vincci accessories (despite my vow not to enter the store). I was so tempted to walk into Elle when I saw this wonderrrrrrrful purple (it comes in black as well) handbag in the display window. *shiny eyes* But I was running out of time before Eric came to pick me up. I ended up walking one round in Nose after that. So much for the watch.
We headed to Ikea after that. I had the famous Ikea meatballs that everyone raves about. I was a bit sceptical of the raspberry jam that comes with the meatballs, but it tasted quite good. The ham sandwich I had was a bit too hard and dry, though. The daim thingy was mmmmmmmmmmm. After that, we toured the showroom. Ji Ding and I fell in love with the rocking chairs that cost RM599. :O I didn't know people pay so much for napping chairs! There was this really soft and fluffly furry drape too. It was so nice to hold. I can imagine falling asleep on it. SIGH.
And then I experienced a handbag malfunction in the showroom. The knob (I don't know what else to call it; it's a functional embellishment) on my handbag which holds part of the strap together by holding a screw in dropped off. We found the knob, but not the screw. Which means that one part of the strap of my handbag is now detached from the bag. Which means that I cannot hold my handbag properly. And that is my only handbag here. ARGHHHHHHHHH! What is this with losing my watch, the soft ribbon on my Suzy Smith handbag, and now this stupid screw on my Charles & Keith handbag?! Now I have to come up with a way to string a ribbon through the hole where the screw bolts into the knob and fashion an embellishment out of it. It doesn't help that I'm stuck in this jungle with no craft shop. *frustrated*
Okay, to curb the frustration, let me get on to the more fun part. After touring Ikea and having a good look at the very nice furniture, sitting on comfy beds for kids, admiring plush couches, and hugging a very soft and longgg crocodile plushie, we left for 1Utama. We didn't have much time to spend in 1U, though, because I had to be back in Mid Valley by 9 pm. We spent most of our time having dinner rather than walking around (which means I still want to go and explore the mall... ah, why must it be so far away?).
Cute giraffe plushie - must show to Olivia (aka our own Giraffe)!
We had dinner at Dave's , a dim but kinda cozy place. We shared a gourmet pizza (I can't remember its name) and pork ribs. *happy sigh* The pork ribs were amazing - tender, succulent, juicy.. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. The only part I didn't like is the weird-colored mustard. Put beside the brown pork ribs, it just looked wrong on the dish. :P The Shirley Temple that Ji Ding and I shared was a tad too sweet and gassy at first, but otherwise quite alright. Eric's cookies and cream milkshake was really good. My first sip made me feel as though I was drinking ice cream. :D
Wonderfully juicy pork ribs
Me and Eric - thanks for driving us around! :)
Me and Ji Ding - it was really good meeting you after over 6 months! And I shall remember that bit of conversation we had in the Ikea carpark. Aha. :D
After dinner
The night concluded with me making a quick exit from Eric's car and rushing to the train platform. The train arrived after about only 5 minutes of waiting. It was a good travelling day because: 1) I shared a cab with a guy and we split the fare because he fought for our rights when the taxi driver wanted us to pay RM10 each for the ride (thank you, Mr Serdang) and 2) I had to wait only 5 minutes for both of the trains I took. Both of these are very rare occasions. :)
All in all, I had a great time yesterday. But we really must do this with more time on our hands the next time around! Lets have an all-day outing! :D
Oh, in relation to all these, I now know that there are URS&inc outlets in 1U and Sunway Pyramid. AHHHHH. Mummy, you should come over for a weekend trip laaaaa. You will LOVE the things here! Come la, then we can go shopping. The sales here are crazy. Discount here, discount there - aaaah. This economic downturn sure is sure causing a great wave of sales. Is that good or is that bad? Good for the economy, taxing on the pockets, I suppose. Ah, the power of economics.
PS: Check out Charles & Keith's Summer collection 2009. My favorites are Shoe 738083 on page 4, Bag 374265 on page 6, Bag 374247 on page 10 and Bag 374185 on page 11. Sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment