There are many ways in which I am sloppy (you'd know if you've seen my desk before... heh), much as I hate to admit it. But these are two of the things that I hate to be shoddy: assignments or projects, and my bed. I absolutely dread editing sometimes, but deep down, there is a part of me that itches like crazy to proofread and edit my written assignments. Many a times, I've been tempted to hand in my assignments without more than just a glance through the finished product, but I've always ended up staying up late at night, vowing to catch every single error that I can. Sometimes it makes me feel obssessive, almost.
The thing about my bed is that I have a self-imposed rule of making my bed right after waking up. I can be bumbling around while going to shower, but there is no way that I am leaving my bed unmade and extremely rumpled. I don't quite bother about tucking in the sheets and smoothing out the wrinkles, but I absolutely must fold up my blankets and position my pillows properly. If I don't, the mess will just keep on catching my eye to the point where it annoys me.
So, the last few days have been a bit crazy, with the amount of typing and editing that I've done. The assignment has finally been handed in, so I can finally stop obssessing over the spacing, font type, alignment, and especially the sentence structures. Argh. Do we all suffer from a bit of OCD? And today was one of the very few days during which I left the room with my bed unmade. I woke up to a very bright room and my roommate's voice, 4 minutes before my class started. I felt like such a champion. I literally leapt off the bed and rushed to the bathroom. And yeah, I left my bed with a tangle of blankets on it and my pillows thrown haphazardly into a pile near the head of the bed. I felt like such a slob. :(
I know, all this coming from the girl whose Calculus notes (bound with a comb bind) has almost shredded in the front and back and whose pencil case is always stuffed with junk (but may I proudly proclaim that it has changed since I got myself a small pencil case that can't fit anything but the necessities) is kind of weird. But I'm just like that. I'm a bit dumbfounded as well.
On an unrelated note, I plugged in my (almost about to die on me) earphones to listen to some music while studying in the library just now (yeah, because I'm just geeky like that). I got so bored with my playlist that I ended up going from song to song for at least 2 minutes. Recently, I got Love Hurts in my playlist and I have to say, I didn't listen to it quite well before this. The song has really grown on me, despite its somewhat painful lyrics.
Love hurts,
But sometimes it's a good hurt,
And it feels like I'm alive...
How it is a good hurt, I still cannot comprehend. But then again, I've never been in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment