Monday, July 13, 2009

XX


It's a Tuesday morning and most of my brain space is taken up by wondering about whether or not I should color my nails now. How productive is that? I love nail polish. They make nails look nice instead of just drab and plain. Maybe I just need a nail buffer so I'd stop obsessing over which color to use every week. Or maybe someone can give me free manicures every week. Aaaaah.

A while ago, I got myself a light-colored (peachy) eyeliner. It's nice but I've decided I like the darker colors more. But I hate cheap stuff. I remember getting a cheap black one before and it just didn't work well. I thought my eyelids were gonna be scraped because no matter how many times I drew the line, the color would barely come out. Pffft. I don't want to use up my current ones, especially the brown one, because I love the texture and how easy it is to apply, but I don't feel like splurging now either, even though we just got our bank accounts replenished. *twiddles thumbs* I don't quite trust myself to enter a clothing store/make up store without purchasing something now. :X

Speaking of cheap stuff (yeah, my logic just jumps like that sometimes - bear with me), I have to say that cheap stuff just always fail on me. And I loathe that. It's like it makes me think that I got myself a very good bargain, but the next thing I know, the item just fails to function well. >:[ A good case in point would be my earphones. See, me being a very careless and messy person, spoilt my nice, (matching!) pink earphones, so I had to get a new set. I got it for dirt cheap, but it's already starting to show signs of spoiling after only a couple of months.

Another two cases in points are bags and perfume. Bags - how can you not love 'em? Okay, maybe you don't. But I blame my genes for my love for it! (Yeah, it's always easier to blame the genes than personal flaws.. Heh.) Anyway, cheap bags are nice to look at sometimes and there are times when I'm so tempted to buy them because they are cheap and would actually look pretty good (though I find that very few fall into the latter category here). But they just don't last. I especially hate it when bags peel and discolor. That's just completely off-putting!

Perfumes can be even worse. It's either lasting perfume or no perfume. It's a pet peeve I have. Ciplak eau de toilette/parfums are not cool. Not cool. They fill the air with artificial scents that try very hard to fool people into thinking that they smell good. I believe in paying for quality. That's why I hate seeing stalls selling ciplak perfumes. They may look and smell quite similar sometimes, but if you look close enough, there are many differences. I once picked up a copy my own perfume and was shocked at its bottle. Because the original bottle is made of heavy glass, and topped with a glass cap with a silver ribbon on it. Also, the perfume is slightly champagne-colored. The ciplak one that I picked up is bottled in a glass-like bottle that weighs more like plastic (ergh) and the color of the perfume is orange.

That said, my pet peeves apply mostly to the two types of items above. And shoes too. But that's too long a story to go into now. Because OH NOOOOOOO, it's a Tuesday morning and I should be crunching numbers and finding out circles of curvatures and osculating planes. WHEEEEE!

Did I mention that I might not have any classes at all today? I normally have a 2-hour Stats lab session on Tuesday, but now that we have gone through all the lab lessons, there might not be a class today. Cross fingers. :D (Edit: I've just gotten confirmation that there is no class today. WOOHOO! Wave yer hands in the ayerrr like you just don't careeeee! Um, I think I've been overplaying my songlist.)

Oh, today I shall do a reader feedback thing! Feel free to tell me: what do you pay for when you shop? Do you scout for the best deals and settle for something less than what you really want? Do you go all out and save up for that one thing you've been wanting? Or are you 50-50 in this matter?

(Yes, I think I may have been influenced by over-commercialization. Or maybe it's just me. Yes? No? FINEEE.)

*Ciplak: imitation

No comments: