Monday, August 3, 2009

31 days

This is a delayed wrap-up of the last month that was drafted at the end of the month because I felt that July was a very special month for more than just one reason.

July was never quite a very significant month to me, up 'til last year when I came to this place. There were so many unfamiliar faces, different personalities, and a variety of whims and fancies. For a while, I thought I'd take very long to find my footing here. But I was proven wrong. Because fast forward a year later, here I am, feeling more at ease than I thought I'd be (exam nerves aside, of course).

Here's what went down July this year:

Rachel and Khye Theng came back and we had a couple of good photo-taking sessions around the campus.

Dropped by our Calculus 2 lecturer's BBQ with his students after dinner at Secret Recipe. Took some photos with him and the rest. Here is a photo of me and Ducky, who is very nice to talk to and also to bully. XD But do not be deceived for he is THE Harvard Boy! I kid you not, okay. I'll miss Ducky and his semi-lameness. :(

Attended Carmen's farewell party that included a lot of food, a few rounds of Mafia, and some weird dance moves.

Bought more stuff that I intended to. Despite being in an isolated town, I still manage to leak cash faster than I expect. Ish. Oh, nope, I didn't get that HUGE ring up there, no worries. We were just having fun with the stuff there. XD

Celebrated Olivia's birthday twice. :D

Stayed over at Khye Theng's for her farewell party. Made a new friend (I'd never clicked with someone that fast!), talked through the night, slept at 5 am, woke up at noon, splurged a bit after that. Le sigh. That is the life. XD (By the way, back home, we have roti jala, which is brown and sweet; over here, they have kuih jala which is yellow, soft, and eaten with curry. I love both!)

Had more supper in this semester than I'd ever had in this place. XP

It all started with a supper earlier in the month, when someone proposed that we meet before two of the guys leave the college. After many negotiations and a bit of time spent waiting (and almost getting knocked down by a bus.. GRR), we settled on a late-night meet at Al-Salam, near the college. That was the night I returned to my room at 2 am and miraculously managed to wake up before 8 am, in time for class.

Just less than two weeks ago, after Ducky left, the three of us scheduled a dinner together, but Mr Cool got stranded in Seremban, leaving Shen and I ditched and hungry. We ended up having dinner at Secret Recipe and grocery-shopping at Giant. That was also the day that I found out that someone whom I used to think is rather attractive (while I was in Singapore) is actually pretty off-putting. Sigh. (Me: There goes my image of him. *sigh* Shen: Okay lar, I'll just say he's hot, okay? He's hot, really, really hot. SOOOOO HOT. Me: *gives the look at failed sarcasm* SHADDAP. Hmph. )

To make up for ditching us, G agreed to supper at McD the next day. I think I scared off Shen's roommate by asking, "Are you still putting on your make-up?!" when he picked up the phone. I didn't think his roommate would pick up his call! ERGH. *slaps forehead* We spent about 3 hours in McD, from 11 pm to almost 2 am. It's a wonder how long just talking minus the eating takes. :D

It was really quite a month. :)

I can't wait for the holidays so I can kick back and relax for a bit before the next semester begins!

No comments: