Saturday
It was a day well spent by pigging out and resting after the previous two weeks which were anything but relaxing. I came back with Wei Yiing and Wendy who, not too long ago, planned a short visit. I finally had kueh chap (yes, this point is worth mentioning).
Sunday
First stop: breakfast outside. Then, it was on to the Wind Cave in Bau. The moment we stepped inside, I was surprised at how hot it felt. I'd always expected caves to be cool (this was my first time in a cave). It was completely dark after we ventured some way in, but we were armed with flashlights. We shone onto the groups of bats hanging above our heads. It was a little freaky at first, stepping forward without clear vision, trying not to touch any bat droppings (though I suspect that I might've touched some). We walked inside the cave for about 20 minutes, way shorter than we'd expected. It was cool seeing all the stalagtites and stalagmites, though. Not to mention all the squeaky bats too.
Wendy's evidence #1
The very dark walkway
Hello, meet Mr Bat!
My evidence #1
Three of us
Next up was the Fairy Cave. We had to climb up a tower that was about 5 stories high to enter the cave. Inside, it was dark, and at some parts, slippery. There were more steps inside, including two sets of very steep steps (tongue twister or what). After climbing the steep steps that went up very narrow spaces, we found ourselves in a big opening with... more steps. I was tired and unwilling to climb more steps. Add on my fear of heights, enough was enough for me, so I stayed beside some rocks with Daddy while the other two climbed more steps.
At the entrance of Fairy Cave
Long and winding steps photographed from above
Huge opening into the top of the cave
More steps
Fascinating rock formation
By the time we left Fairy Cave, it was already about 2 pm but we were still quite full, so we went to Tasik Biru (literally translated as Blue Lake).
Wei Yiing and I with the new DUN building in the background (I think we look like we're Photoshopped into the background.. ish)
With the cat statues that you see on postcards
Hello!
Here's more solid proof for the both of them...
Outside the aquarium
By the time we got home, my legs were tired and there was nothing I wanted to do more than just zonk out. But I had to pack because... we were heading to the beach the following day!
No comments:
Post a Comment