It has been a month of (mostly) relaxation. Entering a short semester felt different from starting another long semester. For one, I took subjects that I hadn't been in touch with since July of last year. It took some readjusting and recollection before my gears started turning more smoothly. (Does knowledge really go away? Or is it stored somewhere we don't know how to fully access?)
I turned 19 this month. Celebrating my 19th year of life was nothing big, as I'd expected. After all, the whole birthday hype gets played down more with age. But this year I got more than I'd wanted. Here in school, I had my own little pizza/birthday cake celebration a few days before the real day. I also got to go home and celebrate my birthday by waking up late and doing whatever I wanted for the rest of the day that ended with a big, scrumptious dinner. And then I returned home to resume my position in front of the big box, I think. That was pretty much it.
Oh, presents. Che che brought me some stuff which I love (and a whole lot of chocolates that kinda scare me when I see them all at once). Friends here got me two muffins, a black and white pashmina, a bottle of body lotion, and a box of blueberry puffs from M&S that I love. And just yesterday, Sher Minn delivered a banana key chain she made out of felt cloth. (Get the symbolism?) :D Thanks for the gifts, everyone. :)
Ah, September. How it whizzed right by.
It's past midnight now. Into October we roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment