
This begs the question: what or who do I want to be?
I'm at a crossroad. If I turn to one side, I might get what I want to, or at least, what I wanted once upon a time. If I turn to the other side, I don't know what I will get. Right now, all I have to work with are descriptions, my own imagination, and my prayers. My eyes keep darting back and forth. Left or right, left or right? My heartbeat quickens, my breath catches, my forehead creases. Still nothing. I sigh - again. I pray again. How do I know which is the right route? Left or right?
I know who I want to be. Or at least some parts of who I want to be. But which turn will bring me closer to achieving these parts? My eyes flick to the left and then to the right. My palms are clasped in front of me, my feet still. It feels like I am rooted to the ground. But I must proceed, this I know. I must. But where to now? I sigh because I am plagued with uncertainty and frustration.
Left, right, left, right... I'm still at the crossroad.
I want to be sure. And happy.
I'm at a crossroad. If I turn to one side, I might get what I want to, or at least, what I wanted once upon a time. If I turn to the other side, I don't know what I will get. Right now, all I have to work with are descriptions, my own imagination, and my prayers. My eyes keep darting back and forth. Left or right, left or right? My heartbeat quickens, my breath catches, my forehead creases. Still nothing. I sigh - again. I pray again. How do I know which is the right route? Left or right?
I know who I want to be. Or at least some parts of who I want to be. But which turn will bring me closer to achieving these parts? My eyes flick to the left and then to the right. My palms are clasped in front of me, my feet still. It feels like I am rooted to the ground. But I must proceed, this I know. I must. But where to now? I sigh because I am plagued with uncertainty and frustration.
Left, right, left, right... I'm still at the crossroad.
I want to be sure. And happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment