... get better. Yesterday, after a test which I felt I bombed (sigh), I came back to my room and had a massive headache. I quickly dismissed it as a typical post-test headache, so I decided to sleep it off in between reading my History textbook. The nap didn't do much. After Homes, I was exhausted. I went to sleep with some flu relief balm and a lot of pain relief balm on. (Have I ever mentioned that I think I have the biggest medicine supply among my friends? This observation has been true since our first semester.) This morning, I woke up with a throat that felt like it was scraped times over while I was slumbering. Not a good sign. I couldn't even finish up my breakfast because of the pain.Oh, I shall now interrupt this woe is me rant to tell you why I think that I have overcome another hurdle labeled 'social reservations'. Today, I decided to put on my new denim skirt because long jeans are really the worst things you can wear on a hot day (which is almost every day here right now) and truth be told, I don't know why I still wear them every single day (okay, maybe this has to do with the fact that 1. skirts aren't too practical every day and 2. I can't find other pants that don't trap as much heat as jeans do).
Anyway, the hose in the washroom cubicle decided that today is the day to bestow upon an unfortunate soul the honor of walking around with a wet skirt! While I was locking the door, I accidentally knocked against the hose which had its nozzle pointed directly at me and its handle (or whatever you call that thing you press - I know, my vocab is dismal) was right up against the wall. So as you can guess, a jet of water made a big and very unsightly mark on my skirt.
What amazed me is that I didn't freak out immediately. In fact, I calmly stepped out of the cubicle, and then after a couple of seconds, started to panic. But tell me, which girl wants to walk around with a splotch of water (or goodness knows what) on her behind in front of anyone at all, let alone a campus of over 5000 students? SEE. Anyway, I decided that a wet behind (as painfully visible as it was) wasn't going to stand between me and my lunch (such was my level of hunger). So off to lunch we went, me tottering along with a wet skirt. I should've been mortified, I know, but I think it wasn't too bad.
So, you know, those sociology books really aren't lying when they tell you that no one actually cares how you look (no matter how many times you dab some gloss, run the mascara wand on your lashes, and preen in front of the mirror). Anyway, have you ever realized that everyone's just busy thinking of themselves all the time? C'mon, admit it, you would've done it too, at some time or another. Researching for my major presentation in public speaking has rekindled my love for reading up on sociological articles.
Oh, so where was I? I feel better now! In the span of two paragraphs, I have managed to warm up a bit (turned off the air-conditioning and put on a jacket and shawl). I'll be letting the medicine take effect soon. I do hope I'll get better. There's so much to get done this weekend!
Um, okay, I shan't bore you with my woeful post. Time to get some work done.
Have a good weekend, everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment