I mugged up to 1.40 am today. Yay for me and my nocturnal habits. I wanted a change of environment because I discovered that every time I read my Psychology reference books in the room, be it at my desk or on the bed, I'd fall asleep within a few minutes. No kidding. I think the longest I went was half an hour or so before I dozed off into a nice slumber. Heh. So I decided to camp outside to mug. I sat in the pantry thinking that I'd get some peace and quiet to study but along came so many people. There I was, cross-legged and trying so very hard to concentrate on my Psychology notes when a burst of loud laughter would come out of nowhere for the thousandth time. I wasn't ticked off, though, because it reminded me a lot of the days I spent in the canteen with the gang before because the tables that we have in the pantry here is the exact same kind that is used in McNair. And yes, it comes complete with the occasional dead insect and poop too. Pair that with me in my frenzied mugging mode, it felt like home. :)
Anyway, I don't see the big deal in me sleeping only in the wee hours of the morning. Everyone else seems to be so amazed at the fact that my normal bedtime is 1 am and that I extend that well to 2 or 3 am about thrice a week. My floormates are mostly early sleepers. Almost every night when I look out of the viewing hole, almost all the rooms have the lights turned off at midnight. I know, I should be getting at least 6 hours of sleep, which I do get most of the time! Some of my friends seemed really concerned when they saw me mugging earlier in the night and then saw me still rooted in the same spot 4 hours later. Aiyo. It's so natural for me already because mugging in the McNair canteen had already conditioned my butt to be stuck to an uncomfortable chair which is, in fact, too small for me, and to concentrate on my books until I feel that I've stuffed myself with enough information for the night. :p That's just how I operated because that's how we all operated before lecture and class tests! Here, they give me weird and concerned looks when they see me still wide awake at 1 am. Relax, people, it's sweet of you to be concerned, but, really, I'm fine. And trust me on that when you see me alternate between humming to a song playing on my laptop and mumbling to myself, trying to commit something to memory. And just understand that I love that table in the pantry. :p
Anyway, my first Psychology test is over and done with! I had to force myself not to think of anything related to the test during the two hours of Calculus class before the test. I kept my notes under my Calculus notebook and tried my utmost best to comprehend the limits subtopics that we were going through. After all, our lecturer did mention that this chapter is crucial as it will be used frequently later. I willed away all thought of the test, and surprisingly, managed not to freak out and listen to the lecturer. Heh. After Calculus class, we had the test in the typically freezing cold classroom. I didn't feel very cold though; I think adrenaline was at work then. We had to write 2 essays on topics chosen out of the 4 options. I wrote for a solid 1 hour and 10 minutes and spent the last 20 minutes checking through my essays. I do hope that I'd gotten all the right points. *crosses fingers* :)
Here are some pictures I'd just uploaded from my phone:
This is what I fed on while I was sick - for five whole days, for both lunch and dinner. Fuh.
And this was my supper because I was so hungry but couldn't eat anything else. (You probably won't catch me eating digestive biscuits at any other time)
I don't remember when this was taken, but, yeah, that's my mess of a desk.
This is my laptop background picture. FREE HUGS! :)
Wendy tried taking a photo of the yellow balloon in the night sky that mesmerized me so much (but my camera could only zoom in so much *sigh*)
Very weird photo that she took of me. >.<
These are the people I dined with.
I had ginger chicken (cooked in a claypot) with rice. Yummy!
And this is the wantan mee that I had for lunch today.
I watched 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, from 12 to 2 pm, while having that wantan mee. It was so wonderful being able to watch them without any guilt. Muahaha. Okay la, time to read some useful stuff now. :p
Goodnight! :)
PS: McNs (Kings, it is NOT McNuggets!), do take some nice ASEAN Dance photos and have fun! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment