Monday, October 27, 2008

Treading on eggshells

This is for you -

I should have never let you get to me. I know, maybe I gave in due to my own uncertainties. Maybe it was just circumstances which compelled me to believe you. I thought of shutting you out, but it didn't seem fair, because I doubt that you knew how I actually felt after listening to what you had to say. I thought that I'd get your support as a friend. I thought that you'd be there to cheer me on. Rather, you just lingered in the background.

Your words kept on playing in a loop in my memory that I had to talk to someone to get it out of my system. I refused to let your words affect me, but they did. Perhaps you had your points. Perhaps what you said did have some truth in it. But they didn't change the fact that I could see through the ways in which you tried to fabricate your meaning. Did you think that I couldn't read the undercurrents of your message?

And I tried to understand. I tried to reason out and justify your actions. I tried. But I didn't get anywhere with all that.

I didn't want to brand you that way because we all make mistakes, but maybe that wasn't the right decision to make. After all, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Trust doesn't come easily but it can vanish in a snap.

And you just about made that happen.

Disclaimer: No, this post is not for a certain male whom I have feelings for, so get that look off your face. :P
And no questions regarding this post shall be asked. I just needed to vent. This is personal and that's that.

No comments: