Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Going against the grain

Do you think it's possible to hate conformity in a certain subject only to end up participating in it yourself? I think it is. Look around us. There are so many messages of "being true to yourself" and "staying the way you are". I don't buy those. Because in our endless quest to "be ourselves" (and boy, isn't that supposed to be the easiest thing, because who else can you imitate better?) we all become the same. We all try so hard to be different in our "own" ways that our "different" becomes the new "ordinary". So what's the point?

We're all trying so hard all the time. Trying so hard to be unique in our own ways. So caught up in the illusion that we're different in this way, that way, and just about every other way. But we're already made differently. Why do we still try to be "different", then? What is our measuring stick for "uniqueness" anyway?

All this.... is a result of frustration. Over what? A lot of things lah. Malas aku mok madah banyak gilak. But I guess it suffices to say that AKU LEJUK BAH. Day in, day out, the same ol' things go round and round. It's like, what's the deal, walking along a circular path only to see the same scenery over and over? Don't you get tired of it?

I DO. I have.

Sapa sik lejuk, seriously?

No comments: