Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yawn

As you can see, I've gone totally unenthusiastic about posting. I can feel my linguistic skills slowly going to sleep. See, that's what I mean. I can't even find a nice way to put that. WHAT I MEAN IS I should really kick start my university application essays and tell myself to get back into my normal incessantly OCD proofreading mode.

I need some intellectual stimulation! I can't let the holidays suck my brain juices out like those brain-hungry zombies in Plants vs Zombies (I DO NOT play this anymore, thank you very much!). I hate that sometimes I get a funny feeling when I pick up a pencil or pen to write something down and I go, "Oh, hand, have you forgotten this familiar feeling?". (The latter part of the feeling isn't literal.)

Yeah, I've got things to do. Things like writing essays, redoing the color on two of my fingers (thanks a lot, post-paint smudges and dents), cleaning up after the pets, resuming my typing work, mastering a new piece on the piano, reading something worthwhile... So why do I feel like just sitting here, stuffing my brain with more mainstream music, some of which I don't even like?

No comments: