Friday, March 12, 2010

First time

It's been a crazy week. And there may be more crazy weeks to come!

As of now, I am already overwhelmed by work (alright, in all honesty, I've been caught in a bigger flood). Tonight will be devoted to my major speech outline. And then there's that mini debate going on in class to prepare for. (I am thrilled to get another feel of debate - it's been too long.) On top of that, there are other deadlines to meet, persuasive speech topics to come up with, and other tests to take.


My answer to the question posed in the photo is TODAY! I agreed to be the defense attorney in my History class' mock trial. I remember going through my Sociology mock trial in my second semester. I regretted not signing up to be the lawyer because I ended up doing most of the lawyer's job and I enjoyed it (but it did not come without many sleepless nights and head-cracking brainstorming and script writing sessions).

Oh, and guess what takes the cake? My opposing counsel is... Wei Yiing. In case you don't know, she happens to be... oh, just one of the people who know just about my every movement and feeling practically around the clock. And I happen to treat her room like my own. Which might drive this point home now. I'm coming head to head with a close friend. We did not plan for this to happen! I think I shouldn't have looked too shell shocked in front of the whole class when the opposing counsel was announced, though, in my defense, she had an equally disbelieving look on her face. Our professor laughed and said he'd bring in boxing gloves jokingly. And the whole class knows that we come to class and leave it together every lecture. Kantoi or not, I ask you? Anywayyyyyyyyy, that's it for trials. Gonna be interesting.

In other news... um, the vacation plan? It isn't going so well. There's a big snag in our plans (and it involved a lot of anger that eventually simmered to frustration and then finally resolve) but we're coming up with alternatives now. Hope all goes well from now on.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

No comments: